rudolf the red nosed emperor(wierd colored emperor)

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i recently saw a strange emperor that i knew i had to have, and so now i do.

it is different then any emperor i have ever seen, it looks 100% the same as my other emperors except for one thing, the color.

it is 5.3 inches long from mouth to third tail segment and instead of shiny black like my others it is brown but when you shine a flashlight on it he appears dark red and his claws are huge.

it does not look like any emperor i have ever seen and after looking at a bunch of pictures it does not look like a P. cavimanus either, man i really need a camera, i am 99% sure it is an emp but i didnt know they came in other colors.

*edit* also i dont know if this is an injury or habit or what because there appears to be no physical damage but its third leg on the left side moves differently then the rest when he walks it raises all the way into the air above him

Last edited:

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i recently saw a strange emperor that i knew i had to have, and so now i do.

it is different then any emperor i have ever seen, it looks 100% the same as my other emperors except for one thing, the color.

it is 5.3 inches long from mouth to third tail segment and instead of shiny black like my others it is brown but when you shine a flashlight on it he appears dark red and his claws are huge.

it does not look like any emperor i have ever seen and after looking at a bunch of pictures it does not look like a P. cavimanus either, man i really need a camera, i am 99% sure it is an emp but i didnt know they came in other colors.

*edit* also i dont know if this is an injury or habit or what because there appears to be no physical damage but its third leg on the left side moves differently then the rest when he walks it raises all the way into the air above him
could be darkening up after a moult, but emperors do come in slightly different colors. as for the leg, i would watch it, i have seen that happen, only to have it lose the leg later. If it is raising it, that is similar to the way we limp in order to keep our weight off of an injured leg. probably nothing major, but it would be a good idea to monitor it none the less.

John

ectic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heterometrus specie ? I know some have those red / Brownish color. May look like an emperor euh .. a bit.

Evil Juggalo

Arachnopeon
My local petco has those occassionally.. They are just called Red Claws... Look just like emps but are Clearish red in color..

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It might be a P. cavimanus, or P. imperator, or any other Pandinus sp. for all the guys where you bought it could know.
Have fun with it.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i got an emp before that lost a leg after seeing it raises its legs, then after that i saw a lot of nematodes after a few days.

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The leg could be broken

I also had an emperor that did that after it jumped outa my hand. Fell would be more appropiate, but he started doing that with one of his left middle legs and it turned out it was broken had to have it amputated. The guy I bought it off of knew it was broken immediately.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's more pandinus's then Cavimanus and imperator

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow, its always weird to see these threads rise from the dead. lol

John