Round vs rectangular tarantula enclosure?

Hendrikus

Arachnopeon
Hey guys. This is probably a stupid question but I see alot of rectangular enclosures and not alot of round ones. I have actually never seen a round terrestrial enclosure. I want to build my own enclosure, my plan is to buy some clear acrylic tubes and make them out of that(small diameter for arboreals, large diameter for terrestrials). Do you guys think this will work?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Of course it works, but just be careful that there is enough space available. And there are some round enclosures on the market...

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Of course it works, but just be careful that there is enough space available. And there are some round enclosures on the market...

I wonder if these can be shipped to the US? I haven’t seen them over here yet.

Hendrikus

Arachnopeon

Thanks.

I wonder if these can be shipped to the US? I haven’t seen them over here yet.
Lucky you, I live in South Africa. The tarantula hobby isn't very big here so I can hardly find any decent enclosures😄

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey guys. This is probably a stupid question but I see alot of rectangular enclosures and not alot of round ones. I have actually never seen a round terrestrial enclosure. I want to build my own enclosure, my plan is to buy some clear acrylic tubes and make them out of that(small diameter for arboreals, large diameter for terrestrials). Do you guys think this will work?
Why not? Ts don’t care.

There are round cages for sale.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah it will work, you can effectively use anything you want as long as it allows you to set it up properly per type of tarantulas needs.

sk063

Arachnopeon
I've seen these on a U.S. website somewhere.... I think it's called a tarantula room