Rough Green Snake Care an Tips

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just caught a 13" Rough Green snake and was want tips on caring for it. I know it eats insects, (all I got is crickets) and that there a tree climing species.
How big do they get and how often should I feed it small crickets/ I have it in a large KK right now but I also got a 10g tank if it needs to bee in that instead.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just caught a 13" Rough Green snake and was want tips on caring for it. I know it eats insects, (all I got is crickets) and that there a tree climing species.
How big do they get and how often should I feed it small crickets/ I have it in a large KK right now but I also got a 10g tank if it needs to bee in that instead.
You need to keep these as you would an arboreal lizard, like an Anole, or a small arboreal Boa or Python, but without the extra heat. They like an upright enclosure, with plenty to climb and hide on, and they need to be misted at least twice per week, since I've never seen mine drink from a container, only from collected droplets of water on leaves, or the side of the tank. They do well in the sort of upright terrarium-type enclosure used for tree frogs, actually. I've seen Roughs up to three feet long, and they are FAST little snakes that love to find tiny little openings in enclosures to escape from, so you really need to make it secure. I feed mine three-four crickets twice per week, since they also have a fast metabolism.

pitbulllady