Rough day...

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Today was a good day for the most part, but I found something terrible when I got back from the reptile show this afternoon. I had asked my mom to turn on the fan in my building since I wouldn't be there when it started getting warmer out, but she didn't do it. I probably should have turned it on before I left, but it wasn't very warm out at the time. I came back to unload my goodies, and found that all but one of my Poecilotheria were dead and also a baby B. ruhnaui, B. angustum, and usambara. I lost the P. regalis that I had been raising from a tiny baby, and it was almost 3 inches. I also lost my 3 inch P. ornata and a P. fasciata spiderling. If I had to guess they got too hot, but everything else is okay. I feel like such a loser for leaving them today. :( They were all just dandy when I left this morning. I guess these things happen, but it could have been prevented. I'm not mad at my mom, as it's not her responsibility, but I lost some awesome T's. :(

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that and for your loss. How hot did it get. if you don't mind me asking?

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It was in the lower 90's when I looked at the thermometer, but I don't know exactly how hot it got, since it was about 4:00 when I got home. I'm just glad everything else is living.

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That really sux! i get so frustrated when i lose t's! my house stays at a minimum of 80*F becauuse i am a native floridian and too cheap to hook up alternate heating. I hope everything that survived is ok! you have my sympathy!:(

Kristin

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I feel your frustration... if my fasciata has a sac ill send you one complimentary.

-V

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i am so sorry for your loss, how devistating. :(

my condolences.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
same here my l. parahybana sling died it was so frustrating it wasn't evn in a death curl it just stopped moving i feel ur pain my chilean rose hair is also geting very sickly so i feel ur pain also my usumbara sling hasn't been eating after its molt and im going on vacation so its pandimoniom so i really feel ur pain:( :( :( <one or two smileys will get the idea across just fine -MI>