Rosie Post-Molt Issue

BooyaTarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys, just a quick question about a rosie that we keep at our pet store. We'd had her for about a week and I was pretty sure she was coming up on a molt (she was webbing, not eating, etc...) and so I had her set up and waiting to go when some random that has a couple of geckos at the store decided to put in four crickets with the spider and leave. So for my two days off the spider was probably stressed out and trying to find a good place to molt and ended up starting to molt in a standing position. The next day when I got in I flipped her gently and she came out of the molt ok, no missing legs and with her fangs. The question is, it's been close to four/five days since her molt and she cannot support herself and lift herself when she walks (she drags herself around) but besides that appears fine, she CAN move and if pretty docile. I don't think this is good and was wondering what you think the problem may be and whether another couple days of drying will help. Also, as a side note, the tank was a little bit too moist for a rosie because the only potting soil I could use to house her was damp (the surface dried before she was in there but the rest is moist) so maybe that has made the drying process take longer? And her joints are all a really shiny grey/white and i've never noticed that in any of my T's and i'm not sure what that means either. Please let me know what you all think!

ctsoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know if the tarantula will be fine or not. But I do know that they can molt upright just fine with no issue. Don't touch molting tarantulas.... I think the biggest obstacle captive tarantulas face is meddling keepers.

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The spider should be fine, I would remove any crickets and let her be for a week or so. Also the substrate shouldn't be damp. The water dish is plenty for a rose to live with and molt by.

It could have been that you moved her and caused minor damage at the joints. But it should heal.

Good luck.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
As has been said, moving her was the worst thing you could of done. they moult upright for reasons that only they know hehe She might be ok. they're normally a big wobbly after a moult, it takes a lot of strength and fluid out of them. Joints normally are that clear colour after a moult until she's hardened up.