Rosie not letting clean =(

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I noticed some mold..so I went in to clean it up, naturally...and she came flying out of her hide, chasing the chop stick around the enclosure....lol as amusing enough as this was...no cleaning got done...I'd rather not take her out to clean it...I usually never have too when I do clean ups...this is just strange to me cuz she's never done this before. Dunno bout pre-molt..she just ate 2 days ago..I guess I'm asking how to go about this if it happens again...that molds gotta go...

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Can you put something like a shoebox over the hide, to trap her in there?

I can't imagine how a rosehair enclosure got moldy, though. You're keeping it bone dry, right? :?

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol, yes don't worry...she like's drag her waterdish to one corner of the tank...and evidently that corner get's moist...(theres some fake moss stuff that soaks it up...)i dunno how to stop her from doing that either haha.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha, oh boy. I know how that goes, although amusingly my rosehair is the ONLY one of my collection that leaves the water dish alone.

I'd take the moss out if you can. How bad is the mold? Has it spread off of the moss?

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I noticed some mold..so I went in to clean it up, naturally...and she came flying out of her hide, chasing the chop stick around the enclosure....lol as amusing enough as this was...no cleaning got done...I'd rather not take her out to clean it...I usually never have too when I do clean ups...this is just strange to me cuz she's never done this before. Dunno bout pre-molt..she just ate 2 days ago..I guess I'm asking how to go about this if it happens again...that molds gotta go...

Maybe she was trying to play with you?? Haha just kidding man but yea you should try to take her out using a plastic cup or something!!

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Eh...she decided to chill out and let me pick things out that were naughty for a T tank...naw the mld wasnt bad at all..im VERY picky and I could hardly see it, but it was there..I pulled some of the moss out and could vaguely smell it..so I figured I'd do some housecleaning..and yeah I found that odd too..the waterdish thing lol, seeing as they like it dry...but I hotglued the dish to the the side of the tank (resting on the subs. of course!)...she's got those trip-wire webs all over it's kinda cool touching a peice of the subs and watching the whole tank move haha{D

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What the hobby needs is a waterdish that repels dirt and is always full{D , this is by far the 1 reasn for having to go into T enclosures!!!

To help fill my waterdishes w/out having to remove them (since most of mine are silked over) I use a PVC tube 1.25" and use it as a funnel to fill the dishes.

Anytime waterdrops hit their silk, I can almost here them cry CHARGE;)

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha.. Aren't rosies fun? Mine has done that, tried to remove a random cricket leg by hand, and she ran up and slapped me... so I bought tongs (hadnt needed em before). What I do, is have my rosie chasing around a straw on one side (she just sorta walks after it) while I work on the other side.. I think she likes it :p Its like follow the leader..haha

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, one of my roseas does it. I don't handle her anymore. She's the one with attitude. She will, litereally, pounce on anything as if it is food. She once fanged the chopsticks and wouldn't let go. So I just left them in there and she held on for like 5 minutes. I swear. MMM FIBER! :}

The way I usually get around that everything is food response is to keep her busy with actual food. Throw in a few crickets, she'll be too busy running around after those to be bothering with the alien hand trying to clean up.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
maybe she thought it was food? why not throw some food for her and then take out the mold while she is munching?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I do a lot of my tank maintenance while they are munching. It's like throwing a steak to a guard dog.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh wow...steak to a dog I never thought of that! lol awsome guys, thanks :D I'll do that next time ^^{D