Rosie likes water?

Vinnyg253

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, my Rosie Sara is acting strange a bit late, other than stealing my clothes and going clubbing when IM not home, I have noticed she now gets into her water dish and kicks water everywhere...anyone ever encountered this? Why does she do it? Is she just nuttier than a peanut butter cup?

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Maybe she's just Coo coo for coco puffs... lol.

I've noticed with mine that they like to sit near they're dish. My first one, Smiling Jack, waits until it just get's empty, but is still damp, and sits in his. I alway's wondered why. Rosies are unique. I guess that's what I love about them. :D

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Hah Smiling jack, someone played Bloodlines I see
Haha. I actually picked the name because I was listening to "Blood Red Sandman" by Lordi when I was taking him home. But now that you mention it... :D

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey guys, my Rosie Sara is acting strange a bit late, other than stealing my clothes and going clubbing when IM not home, I have noticed she now gets into her water dish and kicks water everywhere...anyone ever encountered this? Why does she do it? Is she just nuttier than a peanut butter cup?
The party line is that whenever a tarantula begins to spend a lot of time in or near their water dish, the humidity really is getting too low for them. And, at that point you're supposed to cover the open part of the cage 95% (more or less) with plastic food wrap and maybe install a larger or second water dish.

HOWEVER, this is seldom necessary with a Chilean rose.

In your case, I would try it anyway, just in case your rose is even crazier than most.

If that doesn't stop this ludicrous behavior, you should tape it and send it off to the TV show America's Funniest Home Videos or the one on Animal Planet that uses the same motif with pets! At least you'll give them a good laugh (or at least those that still stay in the room!), and you may make some money off it!

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
someone should send a video of like an s. cal or OBT in threat posture. i always think that threat postures and those little slaps they do are just funny as hell {D