Rosie hasn’t been eating

Montanagoddard

Arachnopeon
My Rose hair has been refusing food for about three weeks now but when I put a cricket in she attacks it but won’t bite and doesn’t capture it, she’s very active and from her attacking it she seems hungry but just doesn’t bite and lets it go???

Attachments

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I promise she’s not hungry. Spiders disinterested in food will often attack a prey item with their palps/legs out of basically annoyance. Sometimes they do bite it so it dies but do not consume it. Rose hairs can go years without food. Yes, you read that right. Honestly I wouldn’t try feeding again until about another month. It might be premoult, it might be a long fasting period. Long story short; don’t worry about her ‘missing meals’.

MainMann

Arachnosquire
You have NOTHING to worry about :p trust me when i say this. Species from the genus Brachypelma and Grammostola can go on stupidly long times without food. I've heard stories of them fasting for more than a year, and judging by the size of your T, it is very much capable of fasting for that long. I'd just make sure the T has access to fresh water and I'd try to feed it next month.

Sincerely, Maman

Montanagoddard

Arachnopeon
Thanks a lot for the reply, I thought her attacking it might have meant she was hungry lol!!
My Rose hair has been refusing food for about three weeks now but when I put a cricket in she attacks it but won’t bite and doesn’t capture it, she’s very active and from her attacking it she seems hungry but just doesn’t bite and lets it go???

Montanagoddard

Arachnopeon
You have NOTHING to worry about :p trust me when i say this. Species from the genus Brachypelma and Grammostola can go on stupidly long times without food. I've heard stories of them fasting for more than a year, and judging by the size of your T, it is very much capable of fasting for that long. I'd just make sure the T has access to fresh water and I'd try to feed it next month.

Sincerely, Maman
Thanks for the reply and advice! Very much appreciated :)