Rosey Washing its face????

Loaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey i was looking at my G rosea the yesterday and it looked like she was washing her fangs or something. It looked like what a dog or cat looks like when then are licking thier front paws and rub or wash thier face. Does that make sense? Anyone know what that means, or can you point me to a thread that talks about it?
Thanks
Sophia :) :confused: :confused: :)

PhilR

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't worry about it Sophia, they all do it. As you've correctly pointed out, it's just cleaning itself :)

Perfectly normal behaviour :)

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, it was washing its face, fangs, pedipalps and they do it with their legs too.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
washing

Ts are surprisingly neat and fastidious about cleaning their fangs, pedipalps etc. After all, their fangs must be in top condition at all times, for when prey comes along. You will also see one drooling a little venom/fluid around their mouth/ fangs, I suspect it acts as a cleaning fluid for the fangs.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi all my ( t ) do it i think even my p. murinus not that i ever see it lol - phil

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my. g. rosea is a neat freak. i swear it is cleaning all the dang time. my other Ts i have not had the opportunity to view them grooming theirselves. it is a very interesting habit to watch. my g. rosea when reaching for the back legs lays on its side and at times has to catch itself or else it would just roll right on over onto its back.

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The funniest part is when my T starts using it's back legs to, umm wipe it's fuzzy little butt--right between the spinnerets, :eek: -- gotta hand it to T's ,they can make even that look graceful. She's *very* thorough. :)