Roses, a must read: How they can help save your life.

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Article about how roses can save heart attack victims, and brain tumor sufferers.

I stumpled on this article, and i thought this was definately worth sharing. Enjoy!
Good ol' Roses

Last edited:

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i hope someone makes this thread sticky, its definately something for everyone. WHo hasn;t had, or knows someone who had a rosie, i mean, come on.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
this was actually discussed in a jeff corwin special on Discovery. i was surprised and delighted to find out about it. :)

perhaps they will find other uses for tarantula venom. that would be amazing.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice article, thanks for pointing it out.

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if anyone i know is ever having a heart attack, i'm chucking my rosie at them! just kidding, but on a more serious note, that is some really great research, i just hope they aren't killing G.roseas for their venom, hopefully they are just getting venom from them, they type of way they do with snakes. because if they are killing the T's then it sucks, alot.
-Mike

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi

The way we extract venom is by grabing the Tarantula and giving it a low electric shock to the chalicerea and the venom will come out on it's own then we collect the example of venom and we freeze it. The research on venom is cool because it may help lives if we understand the complexity of it to make anti-venom and cure desieses and such.
well any ways have a nice day
geo

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im just curious how they found that out. Do they have a whole bunhc of things they wanna test on a heart attack victim, and as soon as one comes to the hospital, they stick them with a bunch of stuff?

Anyone else know anything about the venom of other T's, as far as this type of research goes.

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, i dont mean to keep a dying thread alive, but no one answered my question.:?

bodisky

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For those interested:

A Guidebook to Protein Toxins and their use in Cell Biology Edited by Rappuoli & Montecucco This is a collection of articles concerning research in the toxin field. Good section on Grammastola toxins and other spider toxins.

Kerry