Rosehair Breeding Questions?

dannyboyjaros

Arachnopeon
So first off I'm a new member and new owner.

Here is a picture of my two tarantulas (i didn't force them together for the picture they were wondering around my laptop keyboard and kinda just went like that lol)
I was told when i purchased them they were rose hairs
I was not told of there sex, but I'm positive the one on the right is a male, and I'm almost sure the left one is a female

The male has made his sperm web in his tank, and id like to know where to go from here. (like how to get them to mate)
I've tried putting them together but as soon as the male even gets close to the female he just runs away(very fast too)

Can anyone tell me if I'm correct on the females sex?
Also if there both the same species?

Thanks a lot in advance

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
They appear to be different species. If you think we can sex a tarantula except for a mature male pokie from that angle, then perhaps you should hold off on breeding. It is generally not good practice to just put two tarantulas together when you aren't sure of their sexes and species.
Bottom line: don't put them together. Just search "tarantula hybridization" :with the search function. Then you will understand where I, and probably anyone else who responds, means when we say, "If you don't know the species or sex, Don't put them together." Your post exhibits a general lack of education concerning tarantulas, so give it some time. Also, once you actually are prepared to breed G. rosea, make sure the male is a male and a G. rosea, and make sure the female is a female and G. rosea. Do you see the consistency in species and sex?;)

--Dan

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The one on the right looks like an E. truculentus. It is definitely not a G. rosea.

Secondly, if you are a new owner and you don't know how to sex them or tell they are different species, then you DO NOT need to be breeding and you are FAR from being ready to.

I suggest you do your homework on here before even attempting anything again.

dannyboyjaros

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the quick replys
Yes i am very new to tarantulas, but am anxious to learn.
Thanks for the info, i will not put them together again. :wall:

now id just like to know (ill add more pics if necessary) what species the right one is? it was sold as a rose hair (petco obviously doesn't know there stuff)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the quick replys
Yes i am very new to tarantulas, but am anxious to learn.
Thanks for the info, i will not put them together again. :wall:

now id just like to know (ill add more pics if necessary) what species the right one is? it was sold as a rose hair (petco obviously doesn't know there stuff)
The one on the left is definitely G. rosea. The other I'm guessing is E. trunculentus. I could be wrong but look up pics of that species.

dannyboyjaros

Arachnopeon
The one on the left is definitely G. rosea. The other I'm guessing is E. trunculentus. I could be wrong but look up pics of that species.
yea i looked up some pictures to compare to my T, and i think you are right about the species, thank you.

and About the rosie can anyone help me sex it? (i can provide more pictures if necessary, just tell me good angels to take shots from)

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and About the rosie can anyone help me sex it? (i can provide more pictures if necessary, just tell me good angels to take shots from)
We would need pictures from underneath of the epiandrous fusillae to even take a guess but it would take a molt to confirm or refute the guess.

dannyboyjaros

Arachnopeon
Here is the best pic i could get (my only camera is a Droid camera, not bad, but not great for close ups)

come2imagine3

Arachnopeon
The only way that you can be 100% with sexing is by the molt or by the MM hooking out with certain species. Checking the molt by a ventril ( I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly) shot is not accurate. You have a 50/50 shot at being right, its just as good as guessing. You might as well wait for a molt. And if anyone says anything differently they are poorly educated on T's.

As a newbee don't worry about asking questions, some people on this forum are more rude than helpful. There are some of us on this forum who are not and are quite knowledgeable about T's.

dannyboyjaros

Arachnopeon
The only way that you can be 100% with sexing is by the molt or by the MM hooking out with certain species. Checking the molt by a ventril ( I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly) shot is not accurate. You have a 50/50 shot at being right, its just as good as guessing. You might as well wait for a molt. And if anyone says anything differently they are poorly educated on T's.

As a newbee don't worry about asking questions, some people on this forum are more rude than helpful. There are some of us on this forum who are not and are quite knowledgeable about T's.
Thank you for some nice words, I really enjoy the boards so far. and i already kinda knew it was hard to sex T's, but I'm just really anxious, because i bought my first T not knowing it was a male (shows definite signs) and I'm really hoping this one is a female (cause shes got a girl name, ad i want her to be a longer lived pet) and hopefully ill be getting a Giant White Knee sling, so i can raise one one my own too and see how rewarding that is

come2imagine3

Arachnopeon
Good luck with the jump into this hobby. I love it personally. Through time, trial and error, as well as asking questions you will become quite knowledgeable. So have no worries. Also check out arachnophiles.com its a pretty nice forum and very helpful. Everyone there is more than friendly and helpful.