rosehair breeding checklist ?

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
1. female mated with male april 4th 2007
2. her abdomen enlargened alot! ( i mean alot!)
3.i waited a month and slowly lowered to the coldest rom in my house
4. a couple days ago i fed her a dead pinkie mouse as a little treat, which she ate.
5. Now she is in the coldest room in my house which is 70 degrees f ( ah! it used to be 65)

How does that sound i leave the lights of add check on her when al the light are off in the basement with a flashlight pointed towards the roof.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Surely a month is waaaay too quick for a grammy? To go into cooling period i mean? Normally they take about 10 months to lay?

ParabuthusKing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well here is my experience.. I didn't know anything about breeding, introduced the male over a period of 2 weeks with at least a couple of good inserts.. this was springtime 2006, and by summer (approx. 3 months) she had already laid an egg sac!! I guess this is unusual timing for a rosea, and I think that the warm summer temps made development quicker. Ha, sorry I can't be of more help, but good luck and be patient.. I personally would start warming her back up, but maybe someone else has better advice.. I think my female may be preggo again:8o :8o and this time for sure I will need to get rid of some of the babies.. keep us updated.. Cheerio, NAte