rosea question.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have an adult rosea, have had her about 4 years. shortly after i bought her she had an eggsack. she's pretty small and ended up with about 200 little ones from it. anyway over the past 6 or 8 months whenever i go to her cage and stand there for very long she will stop doing whatever she is doing and come up to the glass, put her front legs up on the glass and just set there for 4 or 5 minutes. the n she will go back to whatever she was doing. twice she would go back and forth on the glass almost like she was trying to get through. and both of those times she would back up and tap the ground with her front legs. i know from reading posts that these are stange spiders but anyone have any idea what she's up to here. or if she's trying to tell me something.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
All she's doing is investigating what's out there. She probably can feel the vibration of your foot steps or your voice and is just curious. There is no hidden message going on.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Yeah, they're so friggin sensitive anything could basically tell your rosea that "the truth is out there" ;)

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds like she is drumming, what they do in their mating ritual.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like she is drumming, what they do in their mating ritual.
she's been spinning little patches of web and then wadding them up in a ball. so she's in the mood.

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well if you are interested I know of someone with a mature male that is wanting to get him to a mate.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well if you are interested I know of someone with a mature male that is wanting to get him to a mate.
not sure im up to it at present. in a small apartment till we find a house. space is a little limited and finding room for all the lil ones would be a pain. but thank's anyway

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My girl always insists on knowing what's going on. I can't stand in front of the shelf to look at any of the tanks without her trotting out of her burrow to be front and center. None of the other Ts budge, but she comes running to where the action is every time.