Rosea question

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My little one is acting rather odd lately (I know, normal for a rosie :p) But watnted a more knowledgable opinion. Shes gotten grumpy, and is webbing like crazy, the entire ground, her water dish, her hide, the walls of the enclosure, and even some on the lid. While checking her water, I snapped a few pictures, and was wondering if she looks darker. She webbed herself in recently, for a night, which was also a first. I wonder if she could just be getting close to a molt?

This is from weeks ago, shortly after christmas when I got her:

This is from today:

Watcha think?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She looks ready to moult. On my guys the mirror patch starts looking like a peeling scab and you know its moult time. Don't worry, she will be fine. The webbing may have something to do with the moult or she may just be decorating. My biggest female covers everything with webs.

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mmk, thank ya much The webbing doesnt bother me, im just worried about the molting..shall be my first, and Im nervous as heck! Cant wait to have it done with! hehe

Count Tarantula

Arachnopeon
Is there a chance she could be pregnant. I got a rosea from petco awile back and two months later she webbed everything like your saying and sure enough I found that she was pushing around an eggsac.
So is this possible?:?

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm.. well, Shes rather small, I figured shes too young.. What size do Roseas mature? Shes only about 3"

eight leg goth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
dont worry to much about the aaproaching molt. for my first i spent days wondering when it was gonna happen. then i woke up to see half an upside down tarantula stiking out the hide (the other half was inside so i couldnt see it) i spent ages watchin the bit i could see before i gave up and went to school. i got back but couldnt see any change so i shone a light in the hide and saw the spider sitting at the back. i left the molt which i regret as it ate part of it so i could determine sex. then two weeks ago i was beggining to worry as i hadnt seen it for 3 weeks when it appeared molted, again.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i think they mature in 5 to 6 years of age
Chronological age is irrelevant for any and everything related to tarantulas. They "age" only when they molt, and THAT is determined by dozens of variables. It could be half that time or twice that much or anything in between.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think she's getting ready to molt. I'm saying that based on a dark abdomen and the fact that none of the webbing in the pics are very thick. There's a lot but it is spread out. She's probably trying to find the right spot. If she were pregnant, most of that webbing would be much more concentrated for the start of an egg sack and it's not there. Time will tell.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think she's getting ready to molt. I'm saying that based on a dark abdomen and the fact that none of the webbing in the pics are very thick. There's a lot but it is spread out. She's probably trying to find the right spot. If she were pregnant, most of that webbing would be much more concentrated for the start of an egg sack and it's not there. Time will tell.
i agree! shes getting ready to molt. mine did the same thing a few months ago. dont worry...shes fine! :D

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mmk, I figured it was a molt.. Im still nervous, will be till after! hehe, cant wait to see her after she does!

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
molt

Does she look like she is about to molt? She has never molted in my care before, I know what it looks like when a spiderling is getting ready to molt. I baught her when she was older and like I said she has never molted in my care, and it has been six months since I first purchased her. She has not started webbing anything but she hasnt been eating and is very sluggish which makes me think that she is about to molt.
[/IMG]

kurisute_hasu

Arachnopeon
Wow you are discribing exactly what happened to me a few days ago.
My Rosea webbed all over her burrow and two days later...molt.
She does look rather dark. And I agree with the peeling scab comment. Very true.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
in the earlier pics, her abdomen does appear to have a dark section in the mirror patch which would suggest an upcoming molt. as was said, most likely not an egg sac on the way...they usually lay down some fairly thick webbing, and a bowl shaped web to deposit the eggs and sperm. its most likely a molt...no need to worry, i think rosea molts go off without a hitch just about every single time. take pictures once she does..they look amazing after a molt. :D

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Will do! She still hasnt, still just wandering around occasionally, but spending almost all of her time in her hide (normal her behavior) She seems to be getting darker though! Im hoping to catch the molt, and be able to take pictures, but with my luck, it wont happen :p

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would also have to throw my hat in with the impending molt crowd.