Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Rosea Mating

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by desertdweller, Feb 28, 2008.

1. desertdweller

desertdweller Arachnoprince

Advertisement
    I was the most surprised person in the world when I introduced my MM rosea "Rosebud" to my "Copper" girl. I didn't know how she would react to him, so I shark-caged him. She went right up to the container he was in and immediately raised her front legs. So after about three minutes I lifted the container off him and he lifts her right up! Right in front of me. I was spellbound!

It was her first mating and she was smitten. After a few insertions she tried to put her side legs down and he slapped them with his! It was hilarious. After they were done I put him back in his enclosure. Copper, my girl went 'round her tank and lay upon every place he had touched. He on the other hand went into his tank tucked his legs in and went right to sleep. Of course.

Here is a pic of them together. The mating happened so fast I had no time time to grab my camera.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. SuperRad

SuperRad Arachnoknight

*sigh*

Unrequited love...

3. desertdweller

desertdweller Arachnoprince

Yeah, but don't give up yet, he may come around. He was certainly eager the first time. I just hope he makes a nice big sperm web!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.