Rose is a Redgie

antsman

Arachnosquire
I had my Grammostola porteri Sexed and he turned out to be a male. He was 3" when I got him and I've had him for 6 months, he's about 3 1/2" now. So safe to say he's about 2 1/2 years old? Males of this species life span is about 5 years correct?

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Size and age aren't very closely correlated. Ts grow at different rates depending on the temp they're kept at and how much they're fed/are willing to eat. It's pretty much impossible to determine age based off of the T's size.

antsman

Arachnosquire
Size and age aren't very closely correlated. Ts grow at different rates depending on the temp they're kept at and how much they're fed/are willing to eat. It's pretty much impossible to determine age based off of the T's size.
Okay noted, thank you.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
The only way to know the age of that specimen is if you can touch base with the breeder and get a date that it was hatched. The upside to having a male is breeder loans which can lead to you getting slings out of a successful breeding which could mean getting and raising a female out of them:) There's ALWAYS someone looking for a male :p