rose hairs and breeding ?

JonnyK

Arachnopeon
I'm getting a pair of rose hair tarantulas Tuesday that I eventually plan on breeding. I found some great care sheets of these guys but nothing on breeding. I know that the female can be very aggresive towards the male so supervision is needed when they are together. Anyone had any expirence breeding these guys? I was wondering how long it takes for the female to produce an eggsack after a successful breeding and how long it takes for the egg sack to hatch. Also, how would I incubate the eggsack and is it okay if I take it out away from the female into another tank to incubate? There are so many different species of tarantulas, what types would you say are investment quality in the market today? Any other tips? Thanks :)

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you search on this site, you'll find the answers to your questions. I'd particularly read the breeding reports section. However, if you are just getting your first T's with these two, I'd recommend putting off trying to tackle breeding them until you have more experience and are committed to being able to raise the slings. If the breeding is successful, you'll get several hundred babies that you likely won't be able to even give away because there isn't much market for G. rosea slings. That means you may end up raising several hundred T's to adulthood, which takes a lot of space and money.

JonnyK

Arachnopeon
I know the market isn't great for these guys but that doesn't matter much to me, I will raise the spiders for as long as they live wether or not they find a new home. And as I said I "eventually" plan on breeding, you know, once I get all the info I need and once I'm ready to be able to take care of all the babies. And thanks, I'll check the breeding reports and see what I can find. Anyone else have anything to say? Also, what are some investment quality tarantula species that you would reccommend?