Rose hair tarantula sexing.

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
Do Ts ever curl a few of their legs in right after a molt? I figured she'd do that because she is tired but seeing about 3 legs curl in without movement worries me

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Do Ts ever curl a few of their legs in right after a molt? I figured she'd do that because she is tired but seeing about 3 legs curl in without movement worries me
Yes. You will see your T in many strange position after moult. This is completely normal behaviour. Just make sure the waterdish is always full

ssmachine

Arachnopeon
Let me try my sexing skills, female I think.
Anyone else confirm?
Thank you! I was hoping for female as it’s my daughters favorite even tho showing a fairly nasty attitude compared to my other T’s! Even my OBT is more mellow...so far!

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Thank you! I was hoping for female as it’s my daughters favorite even tho showing a fairly nasty attitude compared to my other T’s! Even my OBT is more mellow...so far!
I wouldn't take my word for it, I'm not very good at sexing. Wait for someone more experienced to post

ssmachine

Arachnopeon
I wouldn't take my word for it, I'm not very good at sexing. Wait for someone more experienced to post
Well I thank you anyways! I can’t find my magnifying scope and of all T’s rose hairs are hard for me to tell??? And I haven’t yet got a molt and previous owner hadn’t had a molt and zero info lol! Hard to find anyone with T experience in Montana!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Looks male to me but its at weird angle. Post up a straight-on pic and shud make things easier

ssmachine

Arachnopeon
Looks male to me but its at weird angle. Post up a straight-on pic and shud make things easier
I had originally thought male when first got it but wanted opinions from people with more experience at sexing the live animal! I will try for a better pic

DarthJaders

Arachnopeon
Hello, I have a rose hair I am trying to determine the sex of as well, I keep seeing photos and guides on what a female looks like versus a male (I'm trying to figure out through examaning epiandrous fusillae) but I don't have anything to compare him/her to. Does anyone have any good photos of what a makes looks like versus a female? I don't have any molts and her previous owner didn't have any either. Or even a simplified explanation of what I'm looking for would be super helpful. Thanks!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The females furrow is usually wider with more noticeable slit.

Males seems more narrow at the lungs with darker spot above the gonoslit where fussilae is forming. The males gonoslit is usually straight.