rose hair stopped eating 10 months ago

frodogecko

Arachnopeon
My 14 year old rose hair stopped eating about 10 months ago. It's still active and has a round abdomen. Seems to be healthy, but refuses to eat and I can't remember the last time it molted. I don't know it's gender. Any suggestions?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Rosies are notorious for going on long fasts. Someone posted here not too long ago about one that went over 2 years. I wouldn't worry much at this point. Keep the water topped off and offer food say, once every two weeks.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
From what I've read on here rose hairs are notorious for for fasting and, as long as its abdomen is plump I wouldnt worry. Also if it truly is 14 years old it has to be a female. My suggestion would be to offer it food every so often until it finally takes something.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My 14 year old rose hair stopped eating about 10 months ago. It's still active and has a round abdomen. Seems to be healthy, but refuses to eat and I can't remember the last time it molted. I don't know it's gender. Any suggestions?
None, you can't force feed them per se. They know how and when to eat better than we do. It will be fine, just keep a water bowl in there.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If all of us, worldwide, replace all of our T's and inverts with G.rosea I tell you, after two years we can put the cricket breeders/sellers on their knees, ah ah jok :)

Jeff Fernandez

Arachnopeon
I feel your pain my Avic has not eaten since Thanksgiving and refuses to eat :(