Rose hair Questions

antsman

Arachnosquire
I know I shouldn't have a 15watt light (12hour cycle) on her, but the humidity gets out of control without it. (I can hold the light in my hand while its on). It stays 80F day (with light), 65-70F night. Humidity 50% day(with light), 60-65% night. With out the light the humidity stays around 65-70%. I was told on another forum to keep her humidity below 20%. What is the correct humidity to keep her at?
I have 3-4" of Eco-earth, I dug into it and its bone dry.
She doesn't seem uncomfortable, she stays in her burrow at night, she has been digging a lot. Very active in the day laying web.
Can someone please clarify.

IsraelMS

Arachnopeon
Do not get crazy with relative humidity percentages, less so with a Grammostola rosea. Just let the water dish overflow a bit when you add new water and that's it. I do that with my Concepción. The T is not going to be harmed in any way if the relative humidity is 65% instead 50%. ;)

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
yeah, no need to keep an eye on number specific humidity levels. As IsrealMS said, just keep her water dish full of clean water and you're set. No need to use a light, she doesn't need a specific day/night cycle unless you are trying to get her to produce a sac...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know I shouldn't have a 15watt light (12hour cycle) on her, but the humidity gets out of control without it. (I can hold the light in my hand while its on). It stays 80F day (with light), 65-70F night. Humidity 50% day(with light), 60-65% night. With out the light the humidity stays around 65-70%. I was told on another forum to keep her humidity below 20%. What is the correct humidity to keep her at?
I have 3-4" of Eco-earth, I dug into it and its bone dry.
She doesn't seem uncomfortable, she stays in her burrow at night, she has been digging a lot. Very active in the day laying web.
Can someone please clarify.
I've raised these to adulthood before, and never ever worried about humidity. You will be in a nuthouse if you remain concerned about humidity.