Rose hair problem, help asap

Tripp01

Arachnopeon
Got a Rose hair 2 months ago, still shows no interest in food. She actually seems to avoid everything that comes into the cage. Temp is 68-78, female, young, active. Moves around a lot and actually doesn't go into her little hideout but I think thats because of temperature.. Her tank if shaped sorta like a wide "U" with flat spots on top of both sides and the hide is at the bottom built into the side. I know they are stubborn and can go without food for a long time but.. Any suggestions?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
If possible, please post a picture of the tarantula itself and her enclosure.

Ryanxgx95

Arachnopeon
As you know they can go without food for a long time, there is no reason to be concerned unless she looks thin.... do u have a water dish? if u are paranoid it always helps to remember that they aways have water and won't become dehydrated =)

Jason B

Arachnosquire
Rose hairs don't just go for food for a long time without eating. They wake up one day and just decide there not gonna eat for 6 months maybe longer. For mine it was six months. Without any pics of the t and its enclosure. I'd just say its a Rose Hair being a Rose Hair. As long as it has water and it doesn't look shriveled it will most likely be fine.