Room temp..?

AngelBkLf

Arachnopeon
Hi guys i have a quick question, is room temp enough for scorpion? ( 22° to 24° celcius)

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Depends on the species. It's good enough for some Euscorpius species.
Most others require higher temperature during day time.

HaydnR

Arachnopeon
If you're unsure or the scorpion doesn't have a massive amount of information available you can find out the scorpions location of origin and then Google the local climate, I've done this for all of my current scorpions and try to mirror the temp/humidity from month to month.

HaydnR

Arachnopeon
Heterometrus and hadogenes
Both species require greater than room temperature, Hadogenes spp like it around 90f and relatively dry 40-50% humidity and Heterometrus again like a range from 80-90f but with more humidity from 70-80%

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I suggest a dimming thermostat with lamp hood and red bulbs. Or proportional thermostat with ceramic heat emitters.

If the thermostat doesn't require manually resetting, you can set your day time temps and your night time temps.

You will drop abit of money into this but it is so worth it.

HaydnR

Arachnopeon
Ceramic heat emitters are always my choice, can be used both day and ight and last for years

HaydnR

Arachnopeon
How is your set up, CHE on multiple enclosures or 1x1?
It depends on the size on the tank, anything bigger than say 30x30 cm gets its own lamp and stat, fish tanks are ideal because one lamp makes to nice hot spots and you can get good depth of substrate so they don't have to work as hard

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
It depends on the size on the tank, anything bigger than say 30x30 cm gets its own lamp and stat, fish tanks are ideal because one lamp makes to nice hot spots and you can get good depth of substrate so they don't have to work as hard

Thanks I dropped some money on mini halogens and there is really no need to change over to CHE other than the life of the bulbs. Longer life vs greater opportunity for nocturnal observations. My thermostat can be reset to proportional if I do make the leap. I would be using mini CHE but want to run it by users to make sure I don't roast my beloved creatures because most will be housed in 3 gallon (20.32 cm x 20.32 cm) terrariums.

HaydnR

Arachnopeon
Thanks I dropped some money on mini halogens and there is really no need to change over to CHE other than the life of the bulbs. Longer life vs greater opportunity for nocturnal observations. My thermostat can be reset to proportional if I do make the leap. I would be using mini CHE but want to run it by users to make sure I don't roast my beloved creatures because most will be housed in 3 gallon (20.32 cm x 20.32 cm) terrariums.
Same as any heat source really, so long as it is regulated and monotired it will be fine, I check every enclosure each morning with a digital laser thermometer even though everything is on a thermostat, the reasons I prefer them are no light and long life.