- Jun 24, 2016
So my lovely little grape vine root decor I made for my GBB sling has started to grow a bit of mold in a couple of spots (mainly where it's touching the substrate). I keep the substrate mostly dry and overflow her water dish every once in awhile. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to remove it, which sucks. I am so tired of wood products other than cork bark which seems (so far) less likely to mold. I don't have any cork bark available for her enclosure right now and would like to use something already available if possible so I was considering using rocks from my yard. I had the thought however that maybe there was a reason people don't seem to do this often. Is there anything wrong with using rocks? Is there any possibility of them leaching something into the soil if they get damp?
172.7 KB Views: 43