Roaming tarantula

HybridOne890

Arachnopeon
Hello,

My OBT seems to be roaming a lot lately and I can't seem to figure out why. I think she's about 2 instars from mature adult. She used to be pretty reclusive, barely ever venturing out of her hide. I did a whole rehouse in order to keep her substrate bone dry as I know this is how this species like it. I have tried to feed to no avail as she will just not eat roaches or crickets, both live and pre-killed. She has also began to expand her webbing quite a lot. In the last few days which makes me happy as she is finally displaying that prolific webber nature.

I heard here before that tarantulas will begin to roam a lot when they're unhappy. So, dearest readers, what could be the reason she's roaming so much? Is she really unhappy? Hungry yet refusing to eat? Or just plain doing normal OBT stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
After a rehouse, many Ts, especially adults, will refuse to eat for a week or two. This is normal behavior, and nothing to get worried about. I believe that the reason she is roaming can also be explained as normal behaviour after a molt. She is simply exploring the new territory and webbing to make a shelter.

"Calm down, your tarantula is tarantulaing" -Every reply to a basic worrypoast ever

HybridOne890

Arachnopeon
After a rehouse, many Ts, especially adults, will refuse to eat for a week or two. This is normal behavior, and nothing to get worried about. I believe that the reason she is roaming can also be explained as normal behaviour after a molt. She is simply exploring the new territory and webbing to make a shelter.

"Calm down, your tarantula is tarantulaing" -Every reply to a basic worrypoast ever
I failed to mention, the rehouse happened over 2 months ago I wanna say, she was secluded till then and has just recently began to roam.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I failed to mention, the rehouse happened over 2 months ago I wanna say, she was secluded till then and has just recently began to roam.
Is there any major difference between the old setup and the new? Do you have a picture? Is she webbing at all?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
My OBT I got about 5 months ago made a burrow and sat in it. She just molted, and is now starting to add to her web "room" under her cork bark. I just wouldn't worry about it. A spider would need almost 8 months to die of starvation with a good sized abdomen to start, so starvation isn't really a thing. Also, she could be webbing to prepare for a molt. Mine personally always move a lot before hand to make a comfy place to molt. As long as she drinks, just be glad you can actually see your OBT ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's hard to have an unhappy Pterinochilus murinus, those adaptable buggers are even able to web in the little box during the "package/shipping" time.

They are great hunters and eaters, a pre molt time (btw the time where they are somewhat lazy, "calm" and more reclusive than usual) is probably the answer. Water dish always full, nothing more. Wait. That's what I suggest.