• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Roachman (www.angelfire.com/wy/roaches)

TypeO-

Arachnopeon
Richie the Roachman was a wonderful person to deal with. He answered all of my questions and was very helpful. He has a fine selection of roaches. He packed them all very good and all arrived alive, even in colder weather. If you are looking to get roaches talk to the Roachman he has everything and is great to deal with.

Thanks Roachman!!!

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive

I got the Hissers i ordered from Roachman today. They are all nice and healthy, he even included some extras! He sent them quickly and the packaging is very good.

markintex

Arachnopeon
The Roachman has the absolute best selection. I ordered 4 species and every single one arrived alive,even in our hot Texas weather. The roaches are obviously very healthy and large and there were extras of each. He is great to order from and very helpful. I look forward to getting more species.Thanks, Roachman :D

Jon

Arachnopeon
If you need roaches then be sure to contact the Roachman. He did me a solid on my first order and anytime I need roaches again I'll know who to call. Thanks!

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Positive

Ordered a dozen B. Craniifer, got a dozen free (He had a special going on) and plus some extras in case any died. Nearly every single one arrived alive and active. (Had two deaths, no big deal since, like I said, he adds extra.)

Very big, very healthy, and actually pretty neat looking :p

He was very helpful throughout the entire transaction, and I wouldn't hesitate to order two dozen more if money permitted. (I need a freaking job already!)

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
POSITIVE

Or I should say extremely positive. Richie was very helpful in IDing some roaches that I bought from a show (it turns out from him) and helping me with my setup. He was also very fair in working out a potential trade for some slings and when the deal finally went down provided more than fair pricing and great customer service.

I would highly recommend purchasing from Roachman!

qtxshorty

Arachnopeon
simply the best

Positive

i ordered roaches from Roachman, let me say the packing was great. Everything was alive and he even gave me a lot of extras. Plus he even gave me a bonus specie!! if you ever wanna get roaches this is the man to get it from.. i will Definatley order from the Roachman again. he made me and my spiders very happy.. thank you Roachman!! you are the best!!!=D ;P :}

Last edited by a moderator:

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
POSITIVE

POSITIVE

Thank you for the Blaberus giganteus. They all arrived perfect and I would recommend you to everyone looking for rare roaches.
Thanks again,
James

JPjapan

Arachnopeon
Roachman's Roaches

Positive

I ordered a dozen Blaberus Giganteus from Richie.
Total transaction time was less than 2 weeks which is very fast, considering he lives in NY and I live in Tokyo.
He has a huge selection of roaches available and more soon to come, I've not seen any other site with this many species.
He is friendly and answers all questions, though the total lack of punctuation in his emails is a little cryptic.
For good prices, tons of species and no punctuation you should check him out. He's been doing this for 47 years (how old is he?) and can definitely be trusted.
Thanks
JP

Calypratus

Arachnopeon
Another satisfied customer!

Positive

Richie,
Thanks for the great packing job, following up to ensure safe delivery and the extra species you included in my order for free. You have gone beyond the expected level of customer service. You can bet we'll be doing business again in the future. Thumbs up for Richie.

Calypratus

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
POSITIVE

The roaches I got from Richie are excellent. He's a great guy, and very helpful. Will definately do business again. To sum it up: Cool Dude, Great Service and Great Roaches. Two thumbs up! :D

DE3

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
NEGATIVE unfortunately.

EDIT 9/09/04. Lets call it Neutral now.

~3.5 weeks after the negative transaction, Ritchie (Roachman) emailed me with an explanation that he had been away from the business for a while, and left control in the hands of other people -- who botched my transaction. Apparently, his "associates" were subjected to an earful from Mr Willis over what had occured during his absense.

He offered to send more discoids, but I told him I had already taken care of that. So he offered a refund, which I gladly accepted, and recieved yesterday.

Below is the full account of the original NEGATIVE post.

Cheers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was (still am) interested in adding some new blood to my Blabberus discoidalis feeder colony. In the past, I've been fortunate enough to have been given free discoids here and there, but this time I needed to buy some.

1st email to roachman: I inquired as to the availability of a dozen discoids that were on his list. I recieved no reply from roachman.

A couple days later, I decided to order, and send money anyway. I figured he must have at least a dozen on hand, he had a number of positive feedbacks, and the ordering protocol posted on his website was clear.

Eight days later, I had not seen a package, or heard anything from roachman.

2nd email to roachman: (Quote) Hi roachman,

I sent a Postal money order early last week for a dozen B discoidalis. I was wondering if you could tell me the status of the order, so I can be prepared.

I recieved no reply from roachman. However, later that day, the package arrived. It was Postmarked two days previous.

3rd email to roachman minutes after I opened the package: I reported 10-11 DOA's, and offered a trade (T(s) for discoids) for overnight live delivery. I recieved no reply from roachman.

4th email to roachman, immediately after the third one: A pic of the DOA's. I recieved no reply from roachman.

5th email to roachman. (Quote) 8/12/04:

roachman,

OK, make that "officially" 11 out of 12 DOA.

I DON'T have time today to ship back your DOAs. But I can package them tonight, to ship tomorrow. They'll be just as dead tomorrow as today....except maybe a little more rotten.

Some observations:
* your failure to reply to any of my 5-6 emails is unusual, if not unprofessional. I can check the exact # of emails.
*your website says you trade. I offered a trade, and got this as a reply: " ". Actually, it would be more accurate to say I did not get a reply period.

Signed,
just a 45 year old guy who has done hundreds of mail transactions in the last few years. I go by DE3 in the A-Pets.com boards.

I recieved no reply from roachman.

I went to work, and thought about it now and then. I could not think of a single reason why I should use my time and money to ship back 11 dead cockroaches, when I had not heard a single word from roachman.

In most cases, a business deal cannot be handled properly without communication. Here was a case where there was zero communication from the seller, and several attempts at communication by the buyer.

A simple "I'm very busy at the moment -- we'll work this out later" or, even a a reply that only said "no" would have qualified as communication.

I am dissapointed to report a Negative transaction.

Last edited:

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
:D Just got some Thailand red banded millipedes from Richie. Beautiful animals! They are nice, healthy established animals! :D
Off-subject: of course I would love the size (adults) of wild-caught but am happy to know these captive-bred will be around a decade or more if I don't kill them first. :)

Bob

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Positive

Positive !

I ordered 12 peppered roaches from Ritchie but he was out. He was kind enought to call me on the phone and gave me some good advice. He sent me 12 B.Giganteus and 7 Orange head for free !! I enjoyed talking to him too. :D

Bob

UrbanSavage

Arachnopeon
Exceptional specimens and service - Roachman!

Just recently placed my first order with Roachman for 12 B. discoidalis. I can't "say" enough about his immediate reply to questions and order inquiries. I placed the order via email and the specimens were shipped before I even sent out the money order! The specimens all arrived alive in record time and all specimens were active and in great health. He even tossed in a few extra "discos". The packaging was exceptional. As there's another 20+ roach species I'm interested in acquiring, I'll DEFINITELY be doing all of my roach business with the Roachman!

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Roachman -- Positive

Very pleased with my dealings with Roachman. Just got my Thailand Red Banded millipedes and they are beautiful little babies. Nicely packed, all alive and well, and arrived exactly when requested. I'll definitely go back for more millipedes and/or roaches.

I'd highly recommend him. Thanks for reading.

Dekejis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive

I place my first order with Richie about a month ago and I was very happy with what I got. The animals were in absolutely great conidtion and were also very well packaged. I'd highly recommend him to others and plan on ordering from him again soon.

DistantiGirl

Arachnopeon
Two Thumbs up for the Roachman!

The Roachman's roaches are always healthy and superbly packed. It is obvious that they were well fed and cared for before being sent to me. Every order is delivered promptly and the Roachman is great to deal with. A+ product and service! Thanks so much Roachman and have a great 2005!

Catherine the E. Distanti fan

vipvenom

Arachnopeon
Roachman OK by me

I just ordered some discoid roaches for the roachman and I must say nice looking roaches. They were all adult or late stage nymphs. I ordered a dozen but he sent me at least 15 so he never sells you short. If you are looking for some high quality roaches with a variety to choose from then check http://www.angelfire.com/wy/roaches/ for prices and availability. He is an honest guy who helps you even after you make your purchase. Highly recommended if you are looking for hard to find or high quality roaches!!!

Chris Embick :clap: :clap:

skullyman13

Arachnopeon
A++

I am a Biology teacher at a high school. My class breed and raised roaches to study development of insects. I ordered mine from the "Roachman". The variety he offers is GREAT. Also, they are in perfect health. The service is top notch, and Reliable. I recently ordered 5 Thai Red Banded milli's. When I opened the package, not only was I satisifed with the specimens but several free ones were included. A++ :clap: