Roaches scare me

InvertsandOi

Arachnoknight
I don't have any, but I've heard good things about Archimandrita tesselata (peppered roach) when it comes to being handleable for kids.

8legfreak

Arachnosquire
Severe hatred of crickets led me to get over my squeamishness towards roaches. Familiarity always helps. I'm totally accustomed to handling my dubias now. Plus, they are Great feeders, SO easy to care for and way cleaner than crickets. My colony has been in the same tub for 9 months and no smell. I love them!

Esherman81

Arachnoknight
Severe hatred of crickets led me to get over my squeamishness towards roaches. Familiarity always helps. I'm totally accustomed to handling my dubias now. Plus, they are Great feeders, SO easy to care for and way cleaner than crickets. My colony has been in the same tub for 9 months and no smell. I love them!
oh crickets are another story lol..had colony and the smell is so bad lol...I almost throw up when I am in the room lol

Nanchantress

ArachnoFriend
Old Timer
I wholeheartedly agree with the archimandrita tesselata suggestion. Not "roachy" looking at all and quite beautiful. A little more specialized habitat requirements to consider compared to the easy-to-keep Madagascar hissers, but either would be my first choice if trying to get over a roach phobia. I no longer have my A. Tesselatas, but here is my current pet Madagascar hisser. 20170311_102829.jpg