Roaches completely by themselves?

Stugy

Arachnolord
As roaches tend to be socially active insects, what would happen if one were to be completely isolated for it's entire life until adulthood? Would this have any difference in behavior? Not sure why this question came up in my head but it seems like a good question :p. I am not talking about any specific cockroach so if anybody happened to have already done something like this, I would really like to know the results. Otherwise, I will just do this myself once I get more roaches.

Stugy

Arachnolord
By completely isolated, I meant completely isolated from OTHER roaches of the same species but I would prefer from any roach.

UltimateDracoMeteor

Arachnosquire
As roaches tend to be socially active insects, what would happen if one were to be completely isolated for it's entire life until adulthood? Would this have any difference in behavior? Not sure why this question came up in my head but it seems like a good question :p. I am not talking about any specific cockroach so if anybody happened to have already done something like this, I would really like to know the results. Otherwise, I will just do this myself once I get more roaches.
I don't think it would stunt them too much. I don't think they would socialize well with other roaches after not ever seeing them and they might be a bit more aggressive, but they tend to be resilient to that kind of thing. I recall reading somewhere that interaction with humans can replace interacting with other roaches, since it's apparently just the physical touch that they need. I've seen this to a degree with some of my pets: I tend to only keep one of each species just so I can test them out to see if I like the species before establishing a colony, and when they are by themselves they actually calm down being held and touched.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They're fine with it, I've messed around with Periplaneta before doing this and they weren't any worse for wear. Could be an issue with species that have a bit of a social construct, but it shouldn't really harm most species.