Roach Tackle! (part 2)

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is A Different Pede, One that I got today, it deceided that the pinky wasnt enough and actucally went for this Big Hisser...It was definatly a long strugle, but in the end.....The roach lost ::Smirks::
Have a look!

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is that an optical illusion or is that a mouse foot sticking out of the side of your pede from inside ?:? Nice pics none the less

Last edited:

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is that an optical illusion or is that a mouse foot sticking out of the side of your pede from inside ?:? Nice pics none the less
oh No, That was from the pinky that it ate BEFORE the roach ::Smirks::

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure that qualifies as overfeeding.
it depends. like... if this was a weekly feeding schedule then no doubt it would probably be overfeeding...

but if this is a fresh import and started out skinny and scraggly then i would say that a huge first meal session is probably to the good.

edit:
also, compared to other similar sized centipedes i had trouble keeping weight on subspinipes. it's possible they are much higher metabolism than other similar size cents and thus require more food

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's a Fresh Import and Did come in very skinny aparently, now she's just large, That feeding was just to get her to bulk up a bit...Not overfeed, just Fattin' her up rather...Doing just fine though either way!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She's a Fresh Import and Did come in very skinny aparently, now she's just large, That feeding was just to get her to bulk up a bit...Not overfeed, just Fattin' her up rather...Doing just fine though either way!
i like to fatten up suspected fresh imports. so many are gravid it is worth it, to me, to give them a lot of building material to make the babies with :D

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not much of a way to tell if they're preggo right away though is there?? I'd DEFINATLY like to know if she is...That might make it a bit more interesting ::smirks::

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
With a Pede This Large, IS there a chance that she could Molt again?? Forgot to ask that earlier, but I've not kept this species before (Just other Pede's normally, and I've yet to see a S.Subspinies Molt in my care)....

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
centipedes are like girl tarantulas. they keep molting until they die... there is not a set number of molts like scorpions

she should molt in your care and centipedes can retain sperm between molts so she could make viables after she molts