Roach ID

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What is this Roach

and does any one have any source? I'm looking for a nicer looking roach, not that the ones i have seen look bad, but those just look... less roach like, my mom would like them better than say B. lateralis...

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:D

Thanks! Now does any one know how they are for feeders? Or how hard they would be to raise?

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know how they would be for feeders, they aren't very big and are moderately fast and can climb glass. They are more susceptible to dessication than other species, and the eggs need moisture to hatch; a sponge or moist paper towel will do. Low numbers of offspring as well, 1-2 dozen per ootheca. I saw a source for these not too long ago... I actually caught some this week, and one has an ootheca. Pretty roaches. Mine are a bit more red than the pics I've seen, they just don't do them justice.
[edit]here is the site I saw them for sale on: http://www.bugchick.com/sales/collectors.html
Wow, $9 each.

Last edited:

Aquanut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
there are a lot of roaches that make fair or better feeders many that look very "un-roach" like. I'm sure that those here would chide in with ideas.
I've kept dicoids and dubias, both great feeders but both look just like roaches {D

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dubias are cool, and the females can be very pretty:)

-Eric