Roach enclosures?

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where do you guys get your Egg Cartons for your roaches? if not Egg cartons what are the measurements on the Cork Board things I have seen?

Aquanut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is one place. I've bought heat packs here. www.superiorenterprise.com My son works at McDonald's and collects them from me. He would never remember to get them(hes 16) but he loves when they ask what they're for.{D If you have any restaurant connection where they use eggs by the case just threaten to let a few roaches loose if they don't help you out. {D

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My current supply chain: Wal-mart, Farm Fresh (sister is a manager there), and a local pet store that I sell my roaches at.

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I get my egg cartons from a farm supply store. Maybe check your phonebook to see if you have any stores in your area that sell animal feed, they might have cartons too.

Digby Rigby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cork Boards aka Roach Condos

Generally the cork boards used are 12 inch by 12 inch squares. They are much easier to use and clean than the egg crates. Oriented vertically they allow for a thermal gradient. Also easier to adjust the spaces between levels than egg crate. Easy to make and economical in the long run compared to continually replacing the egg crate and the roaches seem to prefer it given the choice.

Digby Rigby

balboa28279@mypacks.net

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if you go to homedepot they have egg crate in the florescent light bulb boxes and they will let you have it for free