Roach cohabitation question.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have dubia and discoids together in a 15 gallon tank. About 100 of each. Does anyone see an issue with introducing giant peppered and roth's giant burrowing nymphs in the same setup? I don't think any of them can cross breed, I am just concerned about territory and temperament issues.

ZephAmp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have dubia and discoids together in a 15 gallon tank. About 100 of each. Does anyone see an issue with introducing giant peppered and roth's giant burrowing nymphs in the same setup? I don't think any of them can cross breed, I am just concerned about territory and temperament issues.
The accepted outcome is that one species will eventually outcompete the others.
It's a lot more noticeable with smaller species like lobster roaches.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The accepted outcome is that one species will eventually outcompete the others.
It's a lot more noticeable with smaller species like lobster roaches.
I suppose I should clarify. Once the peppered and roths mature I will be moving them to a separate breeding enclosure. My climbers are all in their own enclosures but I plan to keep my non-climbers together until maturity.

ZephAmp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I suppose I should clarify. Once the peppered and roths mature I will be moving them to a separate breeding enclosure. My climbers are all in their own enclosures but I plan to keep my non-climbers together until maturity.
They should be alright; just make sure to keep them extra well fed.

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You might notice some wing-biting. That tank also sounds a bit small for that many roaches approaching maturity.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You might notice some wing-biting. That tank also sounds a bit small for that many roaches approaching maturity.
Really? I had a mix of about 5-600 of dubia and fusca hybrids in a 20 gallon tank a while back and they never bothered each other. I did notice the wing biting on the dubia but the fusca seemed fine. I did feed off a lot of adults though, maybe ~20-30 of each at any given time were mature.

CindyLou

Arachnopeon
Since you all are more knowledgeable, can you please tell me if I can put Madagascar's & Deathshead's together? I currently have them seperated

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Since you all are more knowledgeable, can you please tell me if I can put Madagascar's & Deathshead's together? I currently have them seperated
They like the same conditions and could probably be temporarily housed together with little issue, however because they like the same conditions and kinda have similar niches, one species will likely outcompete the other over time... So probably best to keep them separately IMO.

CindyLou

Arachnopeon
They like the same conditions and could probably be temporarily housed together with little issue, however because they like the same conditions and kinda have similar niches, one species will likely outcompete the other over time... So probably best to keep them separately IMO.
Thank you

fingerlakefeeders

Arachnopeon
There is a difference what will work and what is best for the roaches. There may be issues with the peppered roaches molting successfully into adults. They need lower densities to really do well.