ripped web tunnel

Nick

Arachnopeon
My pink toe ripped her web tunnel open like 6in. the tunnel itself is 12in. is there a reason for this? is this normal?

Also my P. Cambridei completely webbed up her water dish. Is this normal?

LV-426

Arachnobaron
My pink toe ripped her web tunnel open like 6in. the tunnel itself is 12in. is there a reason for this? is this normal?

all i can say is the T knows what its doin, they arent humans so trying to comprehend what they do is a dead end cause we cant think like them

Nick

Arachnopeon
yeah i guess you're right. I'm still pissed that she did that though. It was super easy to feed her and my girlfriend and i really enjoyed looking at the tunnel of awesome!

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

1) She molted and is bigger, thus made a bigger entry.

2) They will generally web the water dish over if the enclosure is too humid. That's one reason. Slings will do it so they dont slip in and drown (Perhaps thinking it is deeper and larger? *Shrug*). Put a cricket saver in there (if it's large enough of a dish) and your T wont web it up unless it's too humid... in which case, if it's like my G. rosea, he'll pull the cricket saver out and web it up anyways.. And it's the final reason; because they're being arses.

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is pretty odd, indeed. Unless it's a MM! If not, she's just being weird :p

Nick

Arachnopeon
That is pretty odd, indeed. Unless it's a MM! If not, she's just being weird :p
I'm 90% sure its a female. Is ripping the web normal behavior for a MM?

I'll update if anything worth posting happens. Thanks for your help draychen

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
MM's will shred their sperm web as they gather the sperm after a molt. I asked because it was REALLY thick and white where it was ripped. Easy way to check: The tips of her palps, does she still have pink toes there? I can't tell, as the tip of her palps are both blocked by the air holes.. But, I'm not seeing the pink pads on the right palp, and it's the one I can see the most of.

Nick

Arachnopeon
yeah, all the toes and pedipalps are all uniform and the same. I woke up this morning and it the web tunnel is completely ripped in half. :?