RIP Rice Crispy Treat

OTwolfe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I have reached that sad milestone: my first T has died. He was a beautiful Avic avic and lived quite a long time after maturing. Rice Crispy Treat was a great first T- he was calm, easy to care for, and helped me overcome my arachnophobia. I will miss him. :(

Arachtis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You have my condolences, unfortunately this is something that all who are part of the hobby will experience at some point. At least you were able to give him a better life than he could have ever had in the wild.

JTC5150

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Did'nt you pose him on a pumpkin? So sorry for your loss,Avics are so sweet and a great first T.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

^
. mean spirited digs unwelcome at the death of a pet. :embarrassed:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are so sorry to hear of his passing, Dear. :(
He was a 'regular' here and in a way..everyone's darling...:( :(

Thank you for sharing him with us...he will never be forgotten!

~BugMomma

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

^
. mean spirited digs unwelcome at the death of a pet. :embarrassed:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are so sorry to hear of his passing, Dear. :(
He was a 'regular' here and in a way..everyone's darling...:( :(

Thank you for sharing him with us...he will never be forgotten!

~BugMomma

uh, where's mean spirited dig of the death of a pet? My post was sincere about being sorry for the loss, and I thought that was the best name I've ever heard for an Avic is all I meant. :wall:

I apologize OTWolfe for laughing at the great name you gave your pet on the thread where you announced it's death. I hope YOU understood my intentions.

Last edited:

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I want to say that one of my first T's was a rosea that I named "dingle-berry" because when I first saw it, it was trailing some food stuff at the end of some webbing. Where ever it walked it had this little ball and chain attached.

When dingle-berry died and I told my friends, they all offered their condolences and some would repeat it's name and laugh. Were they laughing at my loss. NO. I guess my post didn't convey that as well as it would come off in person. But I think you would have to be pretty defensive to take issue with my post in the first place.

Rochelle- when your T died I offered this post (my screen name was Forensics then)

No one can take away the pain that you're feeling right now, but I hope we can help take away some of the loneliness that accompanies such a loss.
I have offered condolences to others as well. The "shame" is that I have to explain when my post history says it all. :rolleyes:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm so sorry for you loss, losing your very first T is painful. I wish you all of the best!!!!! He was beautiful and thank you for sharing him with us.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear. I get very attached to mine. Really sucks to lose one.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hah, Rice Crispy Treat is a pretty awesome name, for sure.

Definitely sorry for your loss. It's always sad to lose any pet. It's great that RCT got you over your fear of spiders!

And Forensics - Dingle-berry is a hilarious name, too. I almost spit out my green tea.

ph0bia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Deepest condolences, I've yet to hit that milestone and I'm dreading it. Worst I've lost so far is a Nephilidae Nephilengys (Hermit Web Orb Weaver) that I'd only had a week (she was very old to begin with) so I can't say I know the feeling, but I can imagine it must be pretty hard.

Rest in peace, Rice Crispy Treat, and long may you hunt golden flies in the great webbing in the sky.

OTwolfe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. Yes, I have some pics of him on a jack o lantern pumpkin. He was wandering around on it and it just looked great! I don't know how I came up with his name- it just seemed right. Sometimes the most random things are the best.