RIP lil' one :(

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
This actually happened a couple days ago but didn't really feel up to posting about it until now. Maybe it's silly to be upset since I know this things happen but...

So the super tiny sling I was talking about here died (H. sp "Colombia", maybe1/8th of an inch, if that) . I don't /actually know what happened. I was checking to move it to a smaller vial and found it on top of the substrate twitching. I don't know how else to describe it. It was just twitching all its legs and otherwise not moving.

Carefully, I moved it onto some damp paper towel and kept it warm since I know this species is big on humidity, but this little one didn't make it.

What makes it worse is that I LITERALLY do not know what happened to it. :(

(All the other slings I got from this box are fine, including the one who lost a leg when I moved it -- it was an accident and totally my fault, but the sling is fine.)

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
This actually happened a couple days ago but didn't really feel up to posting about it until now. Maybe it's silly to be upset since I know this things happen but...
Not silly at all, how so? A living creature you cared for died. Of course that's upsetting.
"Just a spider" doesn't cut it for me. It's also not "just a cat"... Ok to some people it is, but these people usually are empathetic like a rock so...

tAngents

Arachnopeon
Sorry to hear. I know it's tough. I've had a couple little critters perish on me in the past for no reason that I could really figure out. It's always tough.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I have trouble keeping this species at this size, at least 3 died on me. Sorry for your loss man.

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss. And no it's not wrong to feel bad, just don't blame yourself. I have a new to me 2 1/2 inch A. avic that just molted last week. One leg appears to have molted badly for reasons unknown. I feel bad for the T, but realize it wasn't my doing.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You're not silly for caring about your animals.
The twitching could mean it was stuck in a molt, in which case you couldn't have done anything to help it.
Good to read the others are doing well. :)