Right LED for bioactive enclosure

Hansohlou

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody, I just setup a bioactive enclosure and I temporarily put white led light to support the plant growth. Can I know what light that can support the plant growth and minimal the harm to my T ?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Hello everybody, I just setup a bioactive enclosure and I temporarily put white led light to support the plant growth. Can I know what light that can support the plant growth and minimal the harm to my T ?
@Dorifto ?

Not many of us keep tarantulas in "bioactive" enclosures.

My guess is: you'll want the light as dim as possible. Tarantulas aren't inclined to enjoy bright lights

Hansohlou

Arachnopeon
@Dorifto ?

Not many of us keep tarantulas in "bioactive" enclosures.

My guess is: you'll want the light as dim as possible. Tarantulas aren't inclined to enjoy bright lights
Yes i set the dimmest, i read that tarantula are blind to low spectrum red led light, im planning getting one or the gel filter. The question is if the red led can support the plants?

Dorifto

He who moists xD
It depends in your plants too, in how many light they will absorve and they need. For example the lamp that lights the moss is at level 1-2 of 5, because more will cause s bleaching effect on the moss, (light intensity is exponential not linear) and the front lamp at 3. My pulchra and geniculata they are not bothered by the light, they are pretty active/visible during the day, of course that they are more active at night, like every T.

Here you can se my pulchra just relaxing, the geniculata is in her hide because she is in premolt:

IMG_20200731_013422.jpg

Yes i set the dimmest, i read that tarantula are blind to low spectrum red led light, im planning getting one or the gel filter. The question is if the red led can support the plants?
They need full espectrum leds, red light only will provide them a very narrow expectrum of light. Also red light produce more heat, even the led lights, there was a case some time ago of one user with a T in a stress pose caused by the red led light.

Hansohlou

Arachnopeon
What T do you have in this enclosure ?
salmon pink

It depends in your plants too, in how many light they will absorve and they need. For example the lamp that lights the moss is at level 1-2 of 5, because more will cause s bleaching effect on the moss, (light intensity is exponential not linear) and the front lamp at 3. My pulchra and geniculata they are not bothered by the light, they are pretty active/visible during the day, of course that they are more active at night, like every T.

Here you can se my pulchra just relaxing, the geniculata is in her hide because she is in premolt:

View attachment 356303

They need full espectrum leds, red light only will provide them a very narrow expectrum of light. Also red light produce more heat, even the led lights, there was a case some time ago of one user with a T in a stress pose caused by the red led light.
So just using full spectrum led light? How long in a day? Im planting nerve plants and moss in salmon pink enclosure

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Moss is very picky, I use Vesicularia dubyana, or java moss, but you have to keep it humid or will dry and die.

For the lightning you will have to use a dimmable led lamp and a digital switch. I use a Trixie reptiland Hygrostat Thermostat, that also controls the lights. I set the lights from 9 AM to 21 PM

I believe that I posted all the info in my tutorial:

https://arachnoboards.com/threads/foam-background-enclosure-tutorial.331925/

Hansohlou

Arachnopeon
Moss is very picky, I use Vesicularia dubyana, or java moss, but you have to keep it humid or will dry and die.

For the lightning you will have to use a dimmable led lamp and a digital switch. I use a Trixie reptiland Hygrostat Thermostat, that also controls the lights. I set the lights from 9 AM to 21 PM

I believe that I posted all the info in my tutorial:

https://arachnoboards.com/threads/foam-background-enclosure-tutorial.331925/
That’s a big help, thank you for your guidance