Rhopalurus junceus

jojobear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WOOHOO!!! It was Christmas in July today for me. Sorry about the crummy pic will try to get better ones tomorrow. even in the bad pic the Rhopalurus junceus still looks good

R_junceus.jpg

I am so excited to finally have these in my collection.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! R. junceus is a beautiful species!

Cheers,
Ryan

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they are indeed very pretty. got 12 of these little guys. feisty. this one stung me!

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
be carreful to humidity, Rhopalurus is a savanna's genus

jojobear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here are a couple more pic of another one in better light. I am getting better with the camera, at least its a little more focused.

Rhopalurus junceus

Attachments

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lookin' Good!

and yeah...let one side of the cage dry out and mist the other side. I mist mine once a week. And give them a piece of bark to climb up onto to molt.

That fat one is getting close to molting...

They look happy! I'm glad you like them...

Chris

jojobear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lookin' Good!

and yeah...let one side of the cage dry out and mist the other side. I mist mine once a week. And give them a piece of bark to climb up onto to molt.

That fat one is getting close to molting...

They look happy! I'm glad you like them...

Chris
In my rush to get them in their new homes I got some of them on the "damp" side. :wall:

And "that fat one" should also be called "that piggy one" it ate 3 roaches overnight

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that is why they seriously rock! They are destroyers...

Chris

jojobear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well here is another pic of the same scorp (Commonly referred to as "Dave" by a friend of mine) after it molted to 3I today; exactly 60 days from last molt. This group of youngins started to molt on the 8th and one or two a day are molting.

Attachments

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
60 Days for a barkie to molt! Wow. I've gotten species to molt from 2 to 5 in that time, haha. None the less though R junceus are a great species and well worth the wait. Congrats bro. :clap: I think a lot of us always enjoy posts involving this species, so feel free to give us tons of updates. ;)

Best,

Ed

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
time to ressurect this thread for my own selfish needs. I just want some basic caring info on these species. Like humidity and what not. I finally got my own.

TheDill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
such beautiful spieces..wish i could get my hands on them..cant wait tho..next week getting some adult b jacksoni..get to mating right away :D

Hasek

Arachnopeon
Christmas is coming... {D {D {D

After almost 4 months of gestation my female R. junceus looks like this