Rhopalrus anyone?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Keeping in line with my avid interest in Centruroides and Tityus, I have recently read about Rhopalrus species. I would love to know if they are kept by members here, experiences, and sourcing/available species. Any wisdom/info would be appreciated.

Scorpion Luke

Arachnopeon
I keep Rhopalurus Junceus and they have an amazing orange color to them and destroy the food :) I bought two scorplings off Scorpionluva a few months ago and they arrived in excellent health and would highly recommend him to anyone. He only had a few left when I ordered but would be worth a check!

Pipa

Arachnoknight
It's a fun species to work with if you wanna add alittle color to your collection !!!!

RTTB

Arachnoprince
The vibrant color is a plus for sure. Thanks for the input.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Just noticed my spelling error. It's Rhopalurus. All I can say to myself is duh.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Well I'm taking the plunge and have 3 R junceus arriving tomorrow. I'm excited.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You'll enjoy them :) Great genus to keep and R. junceus is probably the best currently in the hobby.

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
I realize this thread is from January, but I just recently received an R.junceus in the mail and I have to echo the statement that they love their food. Hours after unboxing, mine was eating one roach nymph and carrying another, high in the air, while running about, declaring dominion over all feeder insects. Lol

Stugy

Arachnolord
Would love to get into this genus but I'm focusing some other genus' right now though I will definitely grab one when I get the chance some time in the future. :D

journeys and scorpions

Arachnoknight
Hello :)

Rhopalurus junceus is a very nice species. This scorpion is also important for medic ( escozul )...their venom is important.

In Germany some breed them, me too!

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
HIGHLY recommend EVERYONE and ANYONE to purchase Rhopalurus through @Scorpionluva

Anywhere you buy them, chances are he bred them
Yes indeed ive supplied many retaliers with this specie as ive had almost 1000 babies of rhopalurus junceus in the last 4 years. I now have 6 sets of adults so there should be many to go around for a LONG time :)

Last edited:

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I've kept Rhopalurus junceus and R. Garradoi. Garradoi has a meaner attitude ime. Awesome genus though
R garridoi definitely has a more defensive attitude but R junceus seems to chase its food down better and has a more aggresive attack IME .....but R pintoi takes the cake over both as it is very defensive and attacks prey like no other
They hiss or stridulate more than Junceus does which is awesome to see + hear :)

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
Where can you find R.pintoi? Is it available reasonably often or impossible to find? It reminds me of Tityus and some Centuroides.

journeys and scorpions

Arachnoknight
R garridoi definitely has a more defensive attitude but R junceus seems to chase its food down better and has a more aggresive attack IME .....but R pintoi takes the cake over both as it is very defensive and attacks prey like no other
They hiss or stridulate more than Junceus does which is awesome to see + hear :)
I agree!

Where can you find R.pintoi? Is it available reasonably often or impossible to find? It reminds me of Tityus and some Centuroides.
R. pintoi is rare. I know only one breeder in germany. I didnt have luck with this species. They are difficult.
R. pintoi is like H. gentili...very aggressive and large...beautiful dark colour with nice structure. Stridulation...yes...much!