Rescued A.Chalcodes on her back for over 24 hours, her legs looked curled to me please advise!

chalcodesma

Arachnopeon
I need help with my rescue T! I have never had a tarantula and don’t know much about how to care for them.
My dogs and I happened upon a Pepsis wasp about to drag this tarantula away to lay eggs on her etc. the wasp was spooked by my dogs and left the scene. This T was left there totally paralyzed, missing a fang and missing a pedipalp. I brought her home and have been reading as much as I can find out about her species, put her in an ICU type situation for over a month and I’ve been trying to help her recover. I’ve had her since early August 2021, I give her drops of water 2-3 x per day every day and in the last month she’s starting to move and crawl around on her own some. She hasn’t recuperated her movement fully and drags a leg and is wobbly. She developed a bald spot, but has never kicked hairs at me that I know of. She looks plump, has refused all food offered and is now lying on her back for over 24 hours, I’ve never taken care of a spider before and her legs look too curled for a molting. I’m worried she’s fallen upside down and needs to be helped but if molting I don’t want to hurt her. I’m posting pics of her currently, please,if anyone has any advice or can tell me if she’s in a good position to molt I would appreciate it! Thank you

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nothing you can do- it might die, it might not. Many Ts have been reported to ride out the poison from such a sting. That’s nature.

It might just be molting from your description.

chalcodesma

Arachnopeon
Thank you for responding. I decided that the space between the shell hide and the sub was too far for her to reach her legs down and I saw her leg marks in the dirt on top of the shell, concluding she had fallen. I righted her, added more eco earth, and fixed the hazardous fall zone. She was not molting. She’s well and content. 🙏

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
There's several instances of this with happy endings documented on the boards. Remain hopeful!!

Stealing DaveM's links lol
Here are links to several threads on the topic of rehabilitating tarantulas paralyzed by wasp stings: