RepugnantOozes Pictures

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
These birds were eating the berries right above us. We came from down wind on the white-tail deer and we got pretty close. I am sure I could Google it but and I.D. on the birds? Looks like 2 different species now that I look at it.

Attachments

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
The first one is a White Throated Sparrow and the second one looks like a Robin to me... I wonder why he's stuck around?

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
The first one is a White Throated Sparrow and the second one looks like a Robin to me... I wonder why he's stuck around?
My guess is it was the berries on the trees and the wind blowing in from a near by field keeping them from doing much flying. Is it uncommon for them to be so comfortable near humans?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Sorry, what I meant was why didn't he migrate south? Robins normally don't stick around in the north during winter - they usually migrate south because of a lack of food. There must be a lot of berries around to enable him to stay in the area over the winter.

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
DSCN0427.JPG DSCN0432.JPG DSCN0455.JPG DSCN0465.JPG DSCN0466.JPG DSCN0440.JPG DSCN0445.JPG

This thread should probably be in the Field Trips section.

I'm not sure about the IDs on any of these except maybe the caterpillar and the isopod.