Reptisafe for millipedes?

kaciealissa

Arachnopeon
I have two leopard geckos and use reptisafe to dechlorinate their water, should I be using this in the water I use to occasionally mist my millipede enclosure as well? Will it harm my millipede?

BugLord

Arthropod Rancher
There's a few upper-level millipede keepers who use dechlorinator for their water. Some use spring water that you can get in gallons at the store (which can be a hassle nowadays, trust me lol). I haven't seen anything on the site so far showing a direct effect of dechlorinator use on millipede death, so it should be fine.

But I'd also wait for others to chime in :)

Hope that helps,
Dagan H

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
I’ve been using Aquasafe for about a year now and haven’t seen any issues, but to my knowledge aquasafe and reptisafe are the same thing just marketed to different people. I could be wrong though, I’d be interested to see what anyone else has to say for sure.

heldipede

Arachnopeon
I don't know anything either on this topic. I would assume as long ass your ratios are correct, it shouldn't have any effect on the millipedes. Just keep a close eye on them and take notes on them if you do use it so you can track any changes. :)

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
You can also just let the water sit for 24 hours, allowing whatever chlorine/chloramines in the water to be neutralized. If you need to remove other contaminants however I believe they are both fine for millipedes (though I would be careful with varieties that add vitamins/additives to the water).

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Sterls

Arachnobaron
I use Reptisafe in the water I give to all my critters (arachnids, millipedes, and herps). If you're paranoid you could use a little less than it says and/or leave the water alone for a day so any remaining/existing treatment byproducts evaporate, like Arthroverts said. Personally I end up doing both because my water jug lasts several days.

Match

Arachnopeon
I normal boil the kettle, then let it sit overnight or till the next day. I haven't had any issues with my millipedes