Reptile Super Show in Pomona,CA pickups

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I got my second and third pede yesterday!I got them at a reptile expo.I love them!I got a Scolopendra Subspinpes from Tarantula,Inc.,and i snagged a nice sized Scolopendra Polymorpha for $10 from some reptile store.the guy said the Polymorpha is from arizona.it's got more orange than they have here in CA.anyways,here's the pictures:

Scolopendra Subspinipes

Scolopendra Polymorpha

And here's a size reference to my hand

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks for posting these photos. Now I am lusting after them you lucky dog.
Tarantulas Inc will be here in Daytona in a couple of weeks, I hope they have
some pedes left. Actually I am about 1 hr and 15 min south of Daytona.
I will go barring any unforseen developments.{D

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love them!the subspinipes is crazy though!it ate 3 dubia when I got it home.the polymorpha has yet to settle down,hence all the shots being of it trying to climb the sides.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
right on, dude

it is actually possible to find almost any color or combo of colors in CA tigers. in my time i have seen the normal tannish ones, blue, green, red, and more than a few combos of colors (i.e. tan body with bluish greenish legs is not terribly uncommon)

just wait, after you have a couple few years of collecting under your belt you are almost certain to find a neat coloration or two :)

i suspect the trick is catching the "weirder" colored ones and breeding them together :)

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
right on, dude

it is actually possible to find almost any color or combo of colors in CA tigers. in my time i have seen the normal tannish ones, blue, green, red, and more than a few combos of colors (i.e. tan body with bluish greenish legs is not terribly uncommon)

just wait, after you have a couple few years of collecting under your belt you are almost certain to find a neat coloration or two :)

i suspect the trick is catching the "weirder" colored ones and breeding them together :)
yea,i really want to find some of my own polymorpha.i am gonna start looking a lot for them.they are by far my favorite species.their pattern can vary so much!they're facinating creatures.