• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Reptile Center - Seldan, N.Y.

S

savian

Negative

They take better care of their reps than there T's. I had heard that this place was really good so I went and had a look. There was a redrump sling in a deli dish that was dead and had mold growing on it. I went back a few days later to find it was still there. The rest of the stock they had didn't look too good either.

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A different experience

Positive

I only have to assume that they changed who was caring for their Ts in the last 2 years as I would have to give them a positive rating.

They had a nice selection of popular Ts (mostly large slings and juveniles, a couple of adults) everything from G roseas, H lividums, pokies, OBTs, Avicularias, (a couple each of probably about 10-20 different Sp) and they are willing to order in. The prices were very comparable and competitive with what I've found online.

They kept everyone in kritter keeper type enclosures with water dishes (no cotton balls), ample coconut fiber substrate, and cork bark for hides. So far I have purchased a 4" G rosea, a 2.75" C fasciatum, and a 2" B smithi from them, all of which were plump and healthy (the G rosea is missing a pedipalp but I assume that to be a moult injury).

Every time I return to get crickets the guy who sold them and seems to handle the Ts inquires how mine are doing, and he gave me a deal on the KK the B smithi was in because he didnt have any of the proper size in stock. The care info he gave me was very in keeping with what I have read in TKG and here in the forum and he actually knew the scientific names of the Ts.

Last edited:

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Even more positive words aboutthe Reptile Center

In January I purchased a spiderling which was labled as a b. smithi but who was not large enough to show his adult colors. After 2 moults in my care and no sign of knee stripes (in fact he was starting to look rather a lot like a B albopilosum to me) I went back to the shop to ask them about it. It turns out that they had gotten 4 s'lings labled as b smithi and 2 of the others had also come back mislabled.

We spoke about a couple of ways to deal with the issue and decided to wait a bit until it was warm enough to order in more spiders. About a month ago I went back, this time bringing the (by that point about 3") mystery T with me. They traded him then and there for a lovely 5.5 inch smithi that they had gotten as a trade in who was priced at about double what I had paid for the sling in the first place and apologised for the mixup.

Everyone was really nice and accomodating and I can't complain about my treatment one bit.

innocence lost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A positive experience

Positive

I live very close to the reptile center, that's actually where I got my first P.Imp from and plan to get more Monday.. The guy was very helpful and knowledgeable. Although , I must say that I feel very bad for that baby alligator in the window, it needs more room, doesnt look very happy.
~Mary~
Ciao

Last edited: