Repticon Colombia SC

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got back from the Repticon show and WOW! Probably one of the best shows I have been to in years. Tons of great venomous as well as some nice colubrids. Picked up a gravid Dendrelaphis pictus, Painted Bronzeback, for 25$ which I am very excited about. You can visibly see atleast 12 eggs and they are right at the cloaca so she should pop any day now! Anyone who knows me knows me love for rare/oddball colubrids and I have wanted some of these for a while. I can't upload any pics right now since all of our stuff is still in storage but I will post pics as soon as I can. I also got a male cbb Western Hognose for 20$, had to haggle a bit for that one. But tomorrow being the last day of the show will be the big day for haggling today was just the initial day of casing the joint.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just got back from the Repticon show and WOW! Probably one of the best shows I have been to in years. Tons of great venomous as well as some nice colubrids. Picked up a gravid Dendrelaphis pictus, Painted Bronzeback, for 25$ which I am very excited about. You can visibly see atleast 12 eggs and they are right at the cloaca so she should pop any day now! Anyone who knows me knows me love for rare/oddball colubrids and I have wanted some of these for a while. I can't upload any pics right now since all of our stuff is still in storage but I will post pics as soon as I can. I also got a male cbb Western Hognose for 20$, had to haggle a bit for that one. But tomorrow being the last day of the show will be the big day for haggling today was just the initial day of casing the joint.
Ah, so YOU'RE the one who snagged the gravid Bronzeback! If it weren't for their frog-and-lizard diet, I would have taken her home in a heartbeat, since it's not everyday you see these in the US. It was a good show, and the vendors did pretty well, and there were deals, also. I stayed there all day, through the USARK auction, and only just got home about an hour ago. I was really impressed overall with the quality of the animals there. I picked up a '10 female Super Jungle, possible Super Hypo Boa, a Jan. 11 imported male true Colombian Boa that is a possible Jungle(very abberrantly-patterned), and a sweeeet female White-Lip Python, as well as a local wild-caught big male Corn and a big male Banded Water Snake. I picked up a sub-adult female Chaco Gold-Stripe T and a '10 female striped Sonoran Boa het for T-positive albino at the auction. The show was packed to capacity, which really was amazing considering the gas prices. I honestly was not expecting that many people to show up. I'd about broke, but I am still considering going back tomorrow since it's only a 45-minute drive. A friend of mine still has the Canebrake that I caught underneath my Studebaker a couple summers ago and he's thinking of selling it, so I might have to buy it back from him, since it's a really nice pink Cane, although my father is going to pitch a fit if I bring in more hots, although I can promise if I'd had $700.00 just lying around, that white C. lepidus would have definitely come home with me!

pitbulllady

Alejandro45

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good to hear this show went well, I missed this one!! Every time I go I always hope to see 1.1 P.goldii appear on a vendors table with my name on it!!!{D

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice pick up.I love the shows and haggling>Can not wait to see the pics.

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Went back on the second day and picked up a 1.2 trio of cbb Crotaphopeltis hotamboeia, white lipped Herald snakes from Rob at Glades Herp and they are great! Also got some 3.3 C gracilis, 1.2 P imperator and 1.2 O wahlbergi. Sadly I didn't get what I had came for initially which was a male Leioheterodon madagascariensis and a male Elaphe climacophora, but there is always the Repticon show here in Charleston in June! Should be able to get some Tropidolaemus wagleri next time around. To anyone in the southeast, the Colombia show was awesome and you should definately come and check it out.

JMExotics

Arachnopeon
Went back on the second day and picked up a 1.2 trio of cbb Crotaphopeltis hotamboeia, white lipped Herald snakes from Rob at Glades Herp and they are great! Also got some 3.3 C gracilis, 1.2 P imperator and 1.2 O wahlbergi. Sadly I didn't get what I had came for initially which was a male Leioheterodon madagascariensis and a male Elaphe climacophora, but there is always the Repticon show here in Charleston in June! Should be able to get some Tropidolaemus wagleri next time around. To anyone in the southeast, the Colombia show was awesome and you should definately come and check it out.
the date for that Charleston show has been changed to the following weekend of july 30 & 31