Repticon ATL pickups!!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Picked up a pied female ball python, named Boudica, who is 6 weeks old, and a Heterometrus spp.
20160723_110739.jpg 1469287613021-1191235326.jpg

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Someone sold you a ball python with a bad pant job. Half of it's faded. :p

Have fun with it. My ball Fred is 10 this year, just over 5' and finished a big shed.
What a beautiful snake! Thank you Trenor, this morph I've been hunting for a long time.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
My only question now is, when could I start holding her and getting her used to me? I'll try to feed her next week, but since when I got my male he was 6 months old and we bought him with the tank he was already in, he was eating almost the day we got him. This one, new environment, new people, and she is just a little over a month old, so can someone give me some tips?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My only question now is, when could I start holding her and getting her used to me? I'll try to feed her next week, but since when I got my male he was 6 months old and we bought him with the tank he was already in, he was eating almost the day we got him. This one, new environment, new people, and she is just a little over a month old, so can someone give me some tips?
It has been a while since I had one that small. I would recommend keeping a water dish in there large enough for the snake to fit entirely in. When I switched Fred to this type of setup he shed so much better. I normally give Fred a week or two to settle in when I rework his enclosure. That gives him time to get familiar with the setup and it seems to me he takes food easier. He is an older snake and I had him long before frozen food was common/easy to obtain. As such he will only eat live even after 5 reptile people have tried to convert him (with no luck) for me. I'd give her time to settle in and try to feed in a week. After she is eating you can start holding her as you want. Be sure to give them a few days after being fed before holding so they don't panic and regurgitate the food back up. If you have had other Balls you should be good with this one. They are very similar despite the size.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
UPDATE: Boudica the pied has eaten a pinky! won't post pictures since obviously a little graphic.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
how much did that pied cost, if you dont mind? thats my favorite color morph/paint job or whatever, but ive always seen them going for no less than $400 or something.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
She was 350, my mum managed to work the price down by 25, but she is so small a pinkie mouse is wider than her. I saw MALES going for 1000+. She was the best deal we found, rest were same size or smaller and were 450+. I plan on doing a project with her and my male in a couple years, he's a honeybee spider ball. Hope to get some really cool morphs out of that.