Rent Out Your Spider!!!

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
B. hamorri or the little pumpkin patch guys (that name escapes me) wouldnt be too bad, either, i think.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm sure this one would love some glitz and glam-time...:

To all suggesting a Brachypelma....bad idea to put a Theraphosid with urticating hairs on your face ;)

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Bad idea to put an angry baboon on there, too. Id rather be itchy, honestly.
:cool:
I assumed most of us were joking -- I think any T is a bad idea for a make-up matching photo session!!!!

Frankly, I care more about the safety of the Ts and the models than some photographer's photo-shoot dreams. :anxious:

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
:cool:
I assumed most of us were joking -- I think any T is a bad idea for a make-up matching photo session!!!!

Frankly, I care more about the safety of the Ts and the models than some photographer's photo-shoot dreams. :anxious:
Oh i was absolutely joking. But if i had a gun to my head, id take the itchy every time. The photographer is being very irresponsible and probably has no idea of the risks.
You actually thought I was serious about the obt...? o_O:rofl:
Noooo not at all, was simply extending the joke

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Oh i was absolutely joking. But if i had a gun to my head, id take the itchy every time. The photographer is being very irresponsible and probably has no idea of the risks.
I also feel really sorry for his models. Just trying to make a living and trusting the process.

On youtube, I've seen a few tv show clips where some animal 'expert' brings in a few Ts -- lets them walk through tv host's hair and on their faces all while assuring tv host that the tarantula is "completely harmless!" People tend to trust the 'expert' that they are in absolutely no danger.
10 years ago I'd have probably believed a T 'expert' too. Jaded with age now. :(

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Here I sit, studying for the bar exam. I am currently (before I got distracted by the Arachnoboards again!) going over strict liability torts (i.e. you hurt someone in some certain ways and you are liable for injury caused period). One of the strict liability issues that the bar likes is on wild animals. Basically an owner of a wild animal is liable for any injury that their wild animal causes, evan if they were acting so super, duper, ultra, so, so, so careful and cautious and took ALL the precautions. Still liable. So hear I sit thinking a T. is always a wild animal. If I rent my T. out and it injures the model, I am liable for the injury. THIRTY BUCKS IS NOT NEARLY ENOUGH COMPENSATION FOR ASKING ME TO ASSUME THAT KIND OF RISK!

Distracted! I think not! I have just memorialized Strict Liability for Wild Animals so the test can feel free to throw those questions at me. Also, now you all have some dinner party trivia you can throw around.

Last edited:

Timc

Arachnosquire
@CyclingSam that is very interesting, however, I would totally get a waiver saying I'm not liable and any damage to the spider will have to be covered by the agency.

Also, I have a beautiful A. sp. peru purple that will shoot some nice poop accents around that eye shadow.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
And, I don't know how photographer imagined his photo-shoot and T arrangement -- but if it's to show off makeup - I'd assume T placement around the face. Forget the itch of urticating hairs -- I would be concerned of a hair(s) embedding in eye of model. :(

Normally I consider getting haired in eye pretty rare -- but hey, if T is near the face.... smh

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
@CyclingSam that is very interesting, however, I would totally get a waiver saying I'm not liable and any damage to the spider will have to be covered by the agency.

Also, I have a beautiful A. sp. peru purple that will shoot some nice poop accents around that eye shadow.
That's the thing about "strict liability torts" they've got that dirty "strict" word. I don't believe you can normally contract out of harm you cause, especially ones that you are strictly liable for, but I haven't got to contracts yet in my study and I can't find anything on waiver by consent for "strict liability torts," so it must not be on the test.