Removing those unsightly U-hairs

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thought/question: has anyone ever tried depilatory wax to remove urticating hairs? Obviously, this would only be an option for the smoother parts of an affected person, unless you wanted a "40 Year Old Virgin" situation. Just curious, seems like it could help.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No, I'm much better. It just occured to me...my sister-in-law is a stylist and a waxing wizard, I won't hesistate to ask her to try if it happens again.

Mdcrinos

Arachnopeon
Don't know about that....these days seems the only place clear enough from hair to put wax on is the top of my head LMAO {D

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes, I know it wouldn't be feasible for the furrier folks, but I stupidly handled a molt and wanted to gnaw my fingers off afterwards. Luckily I know someone- it might be uncomfortable going to a salon and asking to get your palms waxed ;)

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, I know it wouldn't be feasible for the furrier folks, but I stupidly handled a molt and wanted to gnaw my fingers off afterwards. Luckily I know someone- it might be uncomfortable going to a salon and asking to get your palms waxed ;)
Oh, so now it's wrong to wax your palms too.. What has the world come to!?

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I could say something, but I'm gonna leave it alone, don't wanna get in trouble again!

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've heard of people slapping a piece of duct tape over the affected area(s) and then ripping it off. :eek:

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I doubt it would work. A T's u-hairs aren't made of the same material as human hair. I'm guessing the chemicals in the cream wouldn't be effective at dissolving u-hairs. I'm only guessing mind, so I'd like to see if someone knows for sure.

Edit: Whoops, just noticed you said wax, thought you meant that cream stuff. Ignore that lol. (must sleep!)

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm don't mean the disolving kind, I mean the brutally rip it out kind. Same principle as the tape (which didn't do squat for me), just more painful.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm don't mean the disolving kind, I mean the brutally rip it out kind. Same principle as the tape (which didn't do squat for me), just more painful.
Yeah, the penny dropped just after I posted. Got me thinking though, I wonder if there are any chemicals or substances that are safe to be applied to human skin, but which would disolve or break down urticating bristles? Slap them together in a paste and presto, you've got yourself a U-hair remedy! (why can't it work like that in the real world :8o).

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
it might help to control further spreading them...but once you feel them they are in you until your body ejects them

remember how small they are... they slice into your cells and don't leave much of a tail sticking out

Ingar

Arachnopeon
I've heard of people slapping a piece of duct tape over the affected area(s) and then ripping it off. :eek:
I think that there is no way with this method.
Imagine when you squese those bristles deeper in your skin by this tape - than there is no way to get them out after this operation.
See this picture below? These hairs works like arrows. There is no effective mechanical methods to remove them... :(
But I also heard that there is some point by tricking your skin receptors ( nervs lets say..). You can put your affected area into a very warm - nearly hot water and hold for a whyle (but don't boile yourself). Also me helping another method - holding something icecold from freezer on affected area.
I hope it helped :)..

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that there is no way with this method.
Imagine when you squese those bristles deeper in your skin by this tape - than there is no way to get them out after this operation.
See this picture below? These hairs works like arrows. There is no effective mechanical methods to remove them... :(
But I also heard that there is some point by tricking your skin receptors ( nervs lets say..). You can put your affected area into a very warm - nearly hot water and hold for a whyle (but don't boile yourself). Also me helping another method - holding something icecold from freezer on affected area.
I hope it helped :)
i wish the hot/cold method worked for me. no such luck if its a really bad hairing situation. also, ime, hydrocortizone cream was worthless. every time i've had to just tought it out.