Remodeling and cleaning my emp's enclosure tomorrow

dogeatdog

Arachnopeon
Ok so here is a picture of my current emp set up:

I'm going to remodel and clean her cage tomorrow because I'm getting tired of the plain old look. I might also be adding another emp to the tank as well.

I was wondering if its ok to clean the enclosure with some soap and water or do I need to go and buy a reptile/arachnid disinfectant?
Also, should I just stick with co co husks again or should I use a different type of bedding? OR mix some substartes together?

What else do you think I should add to my set up? I was thinking of some more fake plants or some actual real ones? Maybe some rocks too, just to add to the "jungle look"

What type of REAL plants are recommended by you guys to keep in an enclosure?

sorry for all the questions in this post but I dont want to make multiple posts :)

all your help is appreciated:D

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
soap and water should be okay, as long as you make sure the tank is rinsed out completely.

Substrate and deco is whatever you like.... peat is good for a sub.

Plants? go with ones you don't care about the emp killing. every planted tank i have had ended up with dead planst cus the scorpion would uproot them.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Peat and coco are both good -- you could mix them if you want a little more variety.

It might also be a good idea to install a false-bottom while you're at it to help keep things humid.

Arachno Kid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would go with what Bayushi said. Every one says their emps are little bulldozers I wouldnt doubt it.

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you need rocks go to a landscape company and purchase 1/4 rock for 3 dollars a bucket, don't use little rocks because the scorps will dig them up and mess with your aesthetics