Relocating the collection and/or insulation?

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Hello Arachnoland,

Today I've had the thought bouncing around in my head to move all 19 Ts to a different location in the house. The hope is to find someplace more confined and easier to heat during cold spells (Tennessee weather is so indecisive). I have a growing concern about temps in the T room. I cant leave a space heater running at all times and the room is all windows on one side. If moving is not an option what are some ways I can insulate so heat does not escape as much overnight?

Without the heater, temps usually go down to low 60s during the night and stay at high 60s- or around 70 during the day.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Really old fashioned maybe, but my mother uses these thick velvety curtains to keep the heat from escaping through doorslits and windows. It does get dark behind these, but you could keep them open during the morning or something to give a sort of day and night cycle.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
We have a closet that also houses one of the hot water heaters, it's always a bit warmer than the rest of the house. If you have something similar to that, I would move them there till it starts warming back up.

I totally get not running a space heater constantly. I know it's the best way, but I really don't see how people can afford to do that. Even expensive efficient heaters still bump a light bill by $20+ a month. And the cheaper ones... I'd hate to see the light bill after using one of those. Not sure if that's even the reasoning behind you not running it constantly, but it's definitely mine for not using one lol.