Relocating, climate, eggs?

Penguin

Arachnopeon
i am currently in Florida, moving back to nj. I'm taking my spiders (regal jumping spiders) with me but I don't know if I should get them any kind of climate control area. Obviously summer if fine but will the winter affect them?
What about egg sacks? I woke up this morning to my female much smaller and here it is, a huge egg sack, which I thought she was done laying but this damn thing is HUGE and I don't really know what the hell im gonna do with babies up there, it's not like I can just let them go up there, can I? This is a dilemma. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Duriana

Arachnoknight
I'm not sure about the climate, but for the spiderlings you could let them cannibalize until you are down to way less and maybe keep a few or sell them.

Penguin

Arachnopeon
I'm not sure about the climate, but for the spiderlings you could let them cannibalize until you are down to way less and maybe keep a few or sell them.

ahhhhh!!!!! oh my god the thought of that is so weird and creepy. i mean i've few them other spiders before but never other regals......
i guess i can just let them go outside, maybe in the cold winter they'll find refuge in the neighbors houses!
is there a good site or area i can learn exactly what to do about the eggs and spiderlings? is there anything i should NOT do?

Duriana

Arachnoknight
ahhhhh!!!!! oh my god the thought of that is so weird and creepy. i mean i've few them other spiders before but never other regals......
i guess i can just let them go outside, maybe in the cold winter they'll find refuge in the neighbors houses!
is there a good site or area i can learn exactly what to do about the eggs and spiderlings? is there anything i should NOT do?
It might seem a bit cruel but it does happen in the wild, and will probably happen without you knowing. http://kozmicdreams.com/spidercare.htm This site has a great section for jumper eggsacs if you scroll down a bit. You might want to release them in a more nature area just to make sure they aren't swatted

TEAM BUGS

Arachnopeon
The other post you said you have P Regis for several years
You should know how to keep them ??
Unless you catch them from the wild all the time
Then it would answer why they only molt once, maybe it is just a small adult
Hatching and keeping spidering in NJ is pretty much the same for Phidippus sp

I do not like to keep babies but if you sell them cheap I will take some

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Please do not release spiders beyond their native range. (Phidippus regius is not normally found in New Jersey.)

Penguin

Arachnopeon
Wasn't she talking about in Florida?
ok. i SAID that i was relocating to nj. so while i have been having the spiders as pets for a few years, it has been here, in florida. and by having them as pets, i mean this on pretty much an amateur level. i do not have experience as far as breeding. just a few pet spiders whom i find very amusing. i thought my female was done laying her eggs but she surprised me, i'm not really sure what i should do now because i dont want to separate her from her eggs but i'm really not going to be in a position for a while to have a shitload of spiderlings, rationally i cant just let them outside up there. yes thats probably the easy thing to do but i actually care about these guys. maybe i should just put my female in a safe place with her eggs and let her free. i just want to give her/them their best chance for survival.