Releasing Metallica and detected mites?

teamster6

Arachnopeon
Well with all the worries about releasing the Metallica into a new inclosure I put the Jar inside the inclosure took off the cap and so far she has not come out of the jar. I think she is kind of scared.

What worries me and I just noticed this the Jar that she came in has tiny white things that look like mites. I dont see anything on her but wish she would hurry out so I can remove the jar. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhgggg

Teamster6

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
How about removing her from the old enclosure, and moving just her into the new one, if you're worried about mites?

teamster6

Arachnopeon
Yea I considered that but this is my first pokie and I am not about to get bit!!

I also did not want to risk a escape just being overly cautious I guess.

I thought she would come out of the old bottle into the larger container on her own and I would just lift it out of the new one.

Teamster6

teamster6

Arachnopeon
Well all is well this morning The Metallica came out of the Jar and is rehoused and she went in her hide. Although I was cautious and a little intimidated by this new t I was surprised how calm she was never did seem really aggresive at all. It acts nothing like the ornata I have.

Teamster6

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Well all is well this morning The Metallica came out of the Jar and is rehoused and she went in her hide. Although I was cautious and a little intimidated by this new t I was surprised how calm she was never did seem really aggresive at all. It acts nothing like the ornata I have.

Teamster6
Yeah, I've read they're one of the more agreeable pokies out there. I have poked/rehoused mine numerous times, and all they've ever done is scrunch up, stretch out pokie stance or move/dart away.

Glad it went well for you!

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Teamster6
Both p metallica and subfusca are actually quite docile and are nothing like ornata. I have many metallica and subfusca, and i have senne many rosies that have a lot worse attitude. I have never witnessed any real defensiveness with them at all. Ornata is another story, i guess you have figured that out;) But they are not really that bad either, aslong as they have their privacy, they keep to themselves.